OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Geoffrey Mina
Hello,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I have
configured my OpenSIPs server to load balance 10+ asterisk servers
using the dispatcher module.  To date I have not been able to
implement the "probe" functionality because the OPTIONS and INFO
methods both cause asterisk to return a 4XX series error.

What options to I have here?

Thanks!
Geoff

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Alex Balashov
Hi Geoff,

It's very strange that Asterisk answers OPTIONS pings with a 4xx error,
because OPTIONS is the method Asterisk uses to do its own availability
pings -- that's what the "qualify=" setting for peers in sip.conf enables.

What exactly is the 4xx error?  Is it 403 Forbidden?  Might it have
something to do with the domain of the From URI of the request, or the
IP it is coming from?  Perhaps you just need to set up a SIP peer for
OpenSIPS in Asterisk to get it to accept the messages?

It would also be helpful -- but not essential -- if you could take a
packet capture and post the OPTIONS message OpenSIPS is actually sending
to Asterisk, as well as the reply.

Cheers,

-- Alex

Geoffrey Mina wrote:

> Hello,
> I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I have
> configured my OpenSIPs server to load balance 10+ asterisk servers
> using the dispatcher module.  To date I have not been able to
> implement the "probe" functionality because the OPTIONS and INFO
> methods both cause asterisk to return a 4XX series error.
>
> What options to I have here?
>
> Thanks!
> Geoff
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Domingo, 1 de Febrero de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:
> It's very strange that Asterisk answers OPTIONS pings with a 4xx error,
> because OPTIONS is the method Asterisk uses to do its own availability
> pings -- that's what the "qualify=" setting for peers in sip.conf enables.

Asterisk only replies 200 for an OPTIONS in case a INVITE with same RURI would
be allowed in that context and for that user.

This is: if you send an OPTIONS with a RURI that would get a 404 in case of
being an INVITE then you will get also a 404 when using the same RURI in an
OPTIONS.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Alex Balashov
Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Domingo, 1 de Febrero de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:
>> It's very strange that Asterisk answers OPTIONS pings with a 4xx error,
>> because OPTIONS is the method Asterisk uses to do its own availability
>> pings -- that's what the "qualify=" setting for peers in sip.conf enables.
>
> Asterisk only replies 200 for an OPTIONS in case a INVITE with same RURI would
> be allowed in that context and for that user.
>
> This is: if you send an OPTIONS with a RURI that would get a 404 in case of
> being an INVITE then you will get also a 404 when using the same RURI in an
> OPTIONS.
>

Ah, OK.  So he needs to add a valid peer.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Domingo, 1 de Febrero de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:

> > Asterisk only replies 200 for an OPTIONS in case a INVITE with same RURI
> > would be allowed in that context and for that user.
> >
> > This is: if you send an OPTIONS with a RURI that would get a 404 in case
> > of being an INVITE then you will get also a 404 when using the same RURI
> > in an OPTIONS.
>
> Ah, OK.  So he needs to add a valid peer.

And a valid extension in that peer context :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Alex Balashov
Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Domingo, 1 de Febrero de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:
>
>>> Asterisk only replies 200 for an OPTIONS in case a INVITE with same RURI
>>> would be allowed in that context and for that user.
>>>
>>> This is: if you send an OPTIONS with a RURI that would get a 404 in case
>>> of being an INVITE then you will get also a 404 when using the same RURI
>>> in an OPTIONS.
>> Ah, OK.  So he needs to add a valid peer.
>
> And a valid extension in that peer context :)

Ah, si, tiene mucha razon.


--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Geoffrey Mina
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I didn't have an "s"
extension defined in my default context, so asterisk was returning a
404 error because OpenSIPs doesn't specify an extension in the OPTIONS
packet.  The "s" is apparently where asterisk dumps anything to a
context which doesn't have it's extension properly specified.

OPTIONS sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.2.252.191;branch=z9hG4bKa588.184b8a54.0
To: sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060
From: sip:[hidden email];tag=df32303fa6e909646461ac9cb721a4cc-1dab
CSeq: 10 OPTIONS
Call-ID: 214ec97521d915db-3917@10.2.252.191
Content-Length: 0
User-Agent: OpenSIPS (1.4.2-notls (x86_64/linux))


Thanks for the assistance!
Geoff



On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>> El Domingo, 1 de Febrero de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:
>>
>>>> Asterisk only replies 200 for an OPTIONS in case a INVITE with same RURI
>>>> would be allowed in that context and for that user.
>>>>
>>>> This is: if you send an OPTIONS with a RURI that would get a 404 in case
>>>> of being an INVITE then you will get also a 404 when using the same RURI
>>>> in an OPTIONS.
>>> Ah, OK.  So he needs to add a valid peer.
>>
>> And a valid extension in that peer context :)
>
> Ah, si, tiene mucha razon.
>
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
> Mobile : (+1) (678) 237-1775
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Lunes, 2 de Febrero de 2009, Geoffrey Mina escribió:

> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I didn't have an "s"
> extension defined in my default context, so asterisk was returning a
> 404 error because OpenSIPs doesn't specify an extension in the OPTIONS
> packet.  The "s" is apparently where asterisk dumps anything to a
> context which doesn't have it's extension properly specified.
>
> OPTIONS sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060 SIP/2.0
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.2.252.191;branch=z9hG4bKa588.184b8a54.0
> To: sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060
> From: sip:[hidden email];tag=df32303fa6e909646461ac9cb721a4cc-1dab
> CSeq: 10 OPTIONS
> Call-ID: 214ec97521d915db-3917@10.2.252.191
> Content-Length: 0
> User-Agent: OpenSIPS (1.4.2-notls (x86_64/linux))


That's exactly the point. You can also create a custom extension for this
purpose:

  OPTIONS sip:[hidden email]:5060 SIP/2.0

In asterisk extensions.conf:

  [context-from-opensips]
  exten => ping,1,Hangup

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Geoffrey Mina
How would I configure the ruri in opensips to provide an extension
similar to sip:[hidden email]?

I couldn't get anything other than sip:asterisk.mydomain.com


Thanks.
Geoff

On 2/1/09, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Lunes, 2 de Febrero de 2009, Geoffrey Mina escribió:
>> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I didn't have an "s"
>> extension defined in my default context, so asterisk was returning a
>> 404 error because OpenSIPs doesn't specify an extension in the OPTIONS
>> packet.  The "s" is apparently where asterisk dumps anything to a
>> context which doesn't have it's extension properly specified.
>>
>> OPTIONS sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060 SIP/2.0
>> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.2.252.191;branch=z9hG4bKa588.184b8a54.0
>> To: sip:asterisk1.mydomain.com:5060
>> From:
>> sip:[hidden email];tag=df32303fa6e909646461ac9cb721a4cc-1dab
>> CSeq: 10 OPTIONS
>> Call-ID: 214ec97521d915db-3917@10.2.252.191
>> Content-Length: 0
>> User-Agent: OpenSIPS (1.4.2-notls (x86_64/linux))
>
>
> That's exactly the point. You can also create a custom extension for this
> purpose:
>
>   OPTIONS sip:[hidden email]:5060 SIP/2.0
>
> In asterisk extensions.conf:
>
>   [context-from-opensips]
>   exten => ping,1,Hangup
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Lunes, 2 de Febrero de 2009, Geoffrey Mina escribió:
> How would I configure the ruri in opensips to provide an extension
> similar to sip:[hidden email]?
>
> I couldn't get anything other than sip:asterisk.mydomain.com

Sorry, I didn't realize that you wer using the dispatcher module for
generating OPTIONS. Perhaps you could use "local_route" to change the RURI,
but I think it's easier to just configure "s" extension in Asterisk.


--
Iñaki Baz Castillo

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4 / Asterisk / Dispatcher / Probe / 4XX Error

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
In reply to this post by Geoffrey Mina
Hi,

There is a new functionality available for dispatcher module on 1.5 -
you can define (as module parameter) your custom set of SIP reply codes
to be considered as OK for probing:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/dispatcher.html#id271069

This is a new enhancement Anca did couple of days ago.

Regards,
Bogdan

Geoffrey Mina wrote:

> Hello,
> I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I have
> configured my OpenSIPs server to load balance 10+ asterisk servers
> using the dispatcher module.  To date I have not been able to
> implement the "probe" functionality because the OPTIONS and INFO
> methods both cause asterisk to return a 4XX series error.
>
> What options to I have here?
>
> Thanks!
> Geoff
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users