OpenSIPS 3.0 interim update

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello all,

We are getting closer and closer to the 3.0 beta release, so here are some updates in regards to what was already done (according to the initial planning), what we are working on and what is the foreseen release date.

Starting from the list we had under scrutiny  (see https://www.opensips.org/Development/Opensips-3-0-Planning, the listing at the end).

What was completed
------------------

* OPS-1 - Auto-Scale the Number of Workers - https://blog.opensips.org/2019/02/25/auto-process-scaling-a-cure-for-load-and-resources-concerns/

* ITG-1 - Management Interface Rework & OpenSIPS CLI - https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/13/new-opensips-cli-tool-for-the-new-management-interface-in-opensips-3-0/

* DEV-1 - Pluggable Preprocessor - https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/05/generic-preprocessor-support-in-opensips-3-0/

* OPS-4 - Separate xlog() Logging Level ( new xlog_level parameter, variable and MI function)

* OPS-6 - Selectable Memory Allocator -branch "feature/selectable-allocator", to be posted this week

*
OPS-7 - Unified Sharing Tags - https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/07/achieving-service-redundancy-in-two-steps-with-unified-clustering-in-opensips-3-0/

*
ITG-2 - SMPP Integration - https://blog.opensips.org/2019/01/24/gateway-between-sip-and-smpp-messages/

Work in progress
----------------

* OPS-3 - Script Reloading  - "script_reload" branch

* OPS-9 - Self-Diagnosis Tool

* DEV-3 - Full Variable Support for Functions - "func_params" branch

* OPS-8 - Tracing/Traffic Filtering Console

* OPS-10 - Persistent Shared Memory on Restart - designed and planned, to be implemented

Still pending

* OPS-2 - Edit Module Params at Runtime

* DEV-5 - Route entry point per Listener

* DEV-6 - Standard Format for Complex Modparams

* ITG-3 - RabbitMQ Consumer Module

* DEV-4 - Better Naming for Variables

* DEV-2 - Script Format Change

Based on the our evaluation on the necessary work to complete (at least) what is in progress, we foreseen the beta release for OpenSIPS 3.0 for 16th of April 2019.

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019