OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, everyone!

The design document for the Media Bridging module is now available here:
https://www.opensips.org/Development/Media-Bridging-Feature

If you have any feedback regarding this topic, please do let us know as
soon as possible.

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi, Răzvan

Will it be a kind of alternative for RTPEngine?

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Alexey!

No, not at all. Although it might be used for that, I doubt anybody will
do it :). Although indeed both rtpproxy and rtpengine can do certain
media injection by them selves, usually this resumes to playing back a
media file, and that's it. They will not generate any SIP traffic, thus
it will not be able to mix different calls media (SDP).
The new module will always operate at the SIP level, it will not "touch"
the RTP at all. All it will do is to generate certain SIP traffic, and
exchange SDP information between the calls.
Using the new media bridging module you will be able to inject actual
media within a new call, for example you can take an ongoing proxied
call, and redirect its audio to a conference room.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 2/7/20 8:07 AM, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:

> Hi, Răzvan
> Will it be a kind of alternative for RTPEngine?

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

aqsyounas
Is it possible to generate a call from opensips and upon answer send another call to media server and bridge the media between two calls?

Usage: Sip Dialers

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 11:30 am Răzvan Crainea, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Alexey!

No, not at all. Although it might be used for that, I doubt anybody will
do it :). Although indeed both rtpproxy and rtpengine can do certain
media injection by them selves, usually this resumes to playing back a
media file, and that's it. They will not generate any SIP traffic, thus
it will not be able to mix different calls media (SDP).
The new module will always operate at the SIP level, it will not "touch"
the RTP at all. All it will do is to generate certain SIP traffic, and
exchange SDP information between the calls.
Using the new media bridging module you will be able to inject actual
media within a new call, for example you can take an ongoing proxied
call, and redirect its audio to a conference room.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 2/7/20 8:07 AM, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:
> Hi, Răzvan
> Will it be a kind of alternative for RTPEngine?

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Aqs!

That can already be implemented using the B2B entities & logic, and it's
not part of this project.

On 2/7/20 8:35 AM, Aqs Younas wrote:

> Is it possible to generate a call from opensips and upon answer send
> another call to media server and bridge the media between two calls?
>
> Usage: Sip Dialers
>
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 11:30 am Răzvan Crainea, <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, Alexey!
>
>     No, not at all. Although it might be used for that, I doubt anybody
>     will
>     do it :). Although indeed both rtpproxy and rtpengine can do certain
>     media injection by them selves, usually this resumes to playing back a
>     media file, and that's it. They will not generate any SIP traffic, thus
>     it will not be able to mix different calls media (SDP).
>     The new module will always operate at the SIP level, it will not
>     "touch"
>     the RTP at all. All it will do is to generate certain SIP traffic, and
>     exchange SDP information between the calls.
>     Using the new media bridging module you will be able to inject actual
>     media within a new call, for example you can take an ongoing proxied
>     call, and redirect its audio to a conference room.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Răzvan Crainea
>     OpenSIPS Core Developer
>     http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
>     On 2/7/20 8:07 AM, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:
>      > Hi, Răzvan
>      > Will it be a kind of alternative for RTPEngine?
>      > -----------------------------------------------
>      > BR, Alexey
>      > http://alexeyka.zantsev.com/
>      >
>      > Users mailing list
>      > http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>      >

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Mehdi Shirazi
Hi
Not sure this is in scope of new module ... with rtpengine_play_medi added in 3.1 it is possible to play media to one of the endpoints, but I like to use Opensips+rtpengine as an end point playing music for caller. it seems now there is need for some signaling generated from Opensips (like 183...) to make it possible to use this function when there is no B party.

Regards
M.Shirazi

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Maxim Sobolev
Very interesting new feature, Razvan! I am curious to hear some more about it during upcoming OpenSIPS Summit if not earlier! :)

-Max

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:28 PM Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Alexey!

No, not at all. Although it might be used for that, I doubt anybody will
do it :). Although indeed both rtpproxy and rtpengine can do certain
media injection by them selves, usually this resumes to playing back a
media file, and that's it. They will not generate any SIP traffic, thus
it will not be able to mix different calls media (SDP).
The new module will always operate at the SIP level, it will not "touch"
the RTP at all. All it will do is to generate certain SIP traffic, and
exchange SDP information between the calls.
Using the new media bridging module you will be able to inject actual
media within a new call, for example you can take an ongoing proxied
call, and redirect its audio to a conference room.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 2/7/20 8:07 AM, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:
> Hi, Răzvan
> Will it be a kind of alternative for RTPEngine?

Re: OpenSIPS 3.1 Media Bridging Feature

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Mehdi!

This feature does not seem to be in the scope of the new module, as
using rtpengine there's no extra call that can be pushed in the existing
call.
It might, however, make sens in the scope of the Calling API feature
that we are planning to devel for 3.1, so keep an eye on the list and
point us this when we publish the desing of the Calling API feature.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 2/8/20 11:11 AM, Mehdi Shirazi wrote:

> Hi
> Not sure this is in scope of new module ... with rtpengine_play_medi
> added in 3.1 it is possible to play media to one of the endpoints, but I
> like to use Opensips+rtpengine as an end point playing music for caller.
> it seems now there is need for some signaling generated from Opensips
> (like 183...) to make it possible to use this function when there is no
> B party.
>
> Regards
> M.Shirazi

Răzvan Crainea