OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Victor Medina
hi guys!

is it possible to load opensips tables in a mysql cluster? Has anybody tried? Any ideas?

--

Víctor E. Medina M.
Platform Architect / Chief Infrastructure

Re: OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Rik Broers

I have it in a Mariadb Galera Cluster, so yeah it works.

Make sure your DB-cluster solution is compatible with MyISAM as all sql files default to that. (galera isn’t by default compatible with MyISAM)

I had to change everything over to InnoDB to get it working well.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rik Broers
Voice Engineer

Re: OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Victor Medina
I saw the sql files and noted that they are all MyISAM. Ill guess I will try MySQL Cluster and Galera.

Any reason for going with maria db? Just your choice?

Thanks!

I have it in a Mariadb Galera Cluster, so yeah it works.

Make sure your DB-cluster solution is compatible with MyISAM as all sql files default to that. (galera isn’t by default compatible with MyISAM)

I had to change everything over to InnoDB to get it working well.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rik Broers
Voice Engineer

Re: OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Rik Broers

Mysql cluster is very different from the galera solution.

Mariadb offers a complete galera cluster package from their repo’s, and as mariadb is going to be the default in Ubuntu we went for that J

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rik Broers
Voice Engineer

Re: OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Kneeoh
Victor, you'll need to change all of the opensips tables to InnoDB (not sure why they're not that way by default) in order for it to be compatible with galera. I do this before installing the DB by cd'ing to the /usr/local/share/opensips/mysql dir and running the following command:
sed -i 's/MyISAM/InnoDB/g' *

Once done proceed with installing the DB to your galera cluster. Galera and MariaDB works great and has saved my tail several times. Make sure you always have an ODD number of nodes in the cluster to avoid split brain conflicts.

Re: OpenSIPS Data Base tables in a MySQL Cluster

Jeff Pyle-2
Short answer, yes.

I've used Opensips in a MySQL Cluster environment for years with much success.  I did have to modify the table creation scripts to change the type from MyISAM to NDB where appropriate.

- Jeff

Thanks Rik!