OpenSIPS Documentation re-Factory

In the past weeks, we undertook a complex process of re-factoring the
OpenSIPS documentation on the OpenSIPS web site.

The main targets of this re-factoring were:

    - enhancing docs by covering new areas like installing, configuring,
db managing

    - creating an OpenSIPS Manual with a logic flow to help you with
understanding OpenSIPS from downloading to scripting.

    - re-structuring in a per-version approach (you can jump across
versions for the same topic)  and  with a "next" and "prev" linking (to
go through documentation in a more fluid way).

The root of everything is http://opensips.org/Documentation/Manuals ,
please give it ride and let us know your opinion on this:
     - is it better than before ?
     - missing topics in manual ?
     - broken links ?

Feeback is welcome and it we will make it matter ;)

Re: OpenSIPS Documentation re-Factory

Pete Kelly
The main menus at least are much better than before.

One of the problems with the old docs was that some of the links still pointed to v1.4 versions etc and you really had to click a lot of links to get through to the modules documentation.

Now it's in a tree structure and contains the version at the end it's much cleaner.

Is there a way to purge the old URLs so that any search results won't bring them up? The function index is very useful but it seems to be stuck on 1.4 still:

On 31 May 2013 13:43, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

[...]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Pete,

We avoided to purge the old URLs (actually we reconfigured all of them as redirects to the new corresponding pages) to avoid external broken links (there are external pages linking parts of the docs by the old pages).

The Indexing of the functions is not yet addressed - we try to find a way to automatize the way the Index is generating. The 1.4 one is manually done, but this simply does not work on regular bases :(.

On 06/02/2013 10:42 AM, Pete Kelly wrote:
[...]

Ali Pey
Hello,

The new documentation lay out is much much better and it is much easier to find the info you need faster. Thanks for the great work.

I found a broken link though: Database schema

Overall, well done!!

Regards,
Ali Pey

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS Documentation re-Factory

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Ali,

Thanks for pointing that out - it supposed to work :(, but I will investigate the problem.