OpenSIPS Provisioning

Binan83
Hi all,

Is there a way to provision OpenSIPS using JSON format instead of XML and REST instead of XML-RPC ?
I think there should be new module named like  MI_JSONREST or something like that.

Thanks.

// Binan

voipmagazine.wordpress.com/

Re: OpenSIPS Provisioning

Ovidiu Sas
What are you looking for: to provision or to manage opensips?
The MI interface is for management, not for provisioning.
Provisioning is a simple matter of filling up opensips tables and you
can do that externally (outside opensips).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

--
VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Binan AL Halabi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to provision OpenSIPS using JSON format instead of XML and
> REST instead of XML-RPC ?
> I think there should be new module named like  MI_JSONREST or something like
> that.
>

> Thanks.
>
> // Binan

Re: OpenSIPS Provisioning

Binan83
Hi Ovidiu, Thank you for your response.

I see your thread here : http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/023390.html for web based provisioning:
I mean something like that but based on JSON and REST.

But at the same time there is need for MI functions (reconfigure on the fly).

// Binan

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to provision OpenSIPS using JSON format instead of XML and
> REST instead of XML-RPC ?
> I think there should be new module named like  MI_JSONREST or something like
> that.
>

> Thanks.
>
> // Binan

voipmagazine.wordpress.com/

Re: OpenSIPS Provisioning

Ovidiu Sas
So you are looking for two new things:
 - a new transport for MI interface;
 - a new way to access the opensips db API (similar to pi_http module).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

--
VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Binan AL Halabi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ovidiu, Thank you for your response.
>
> I see your thread here :
> http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/023390.html for web
> based provisioning:
> I mean something like that but based on JSON and REST.
>
> But at the same time there is need for MI functions (reconfigure on the
> fly).
>
> // Binan
>
> ________________________________
> Från: Ovidiu Sas <[hidden email]>

Re: OpenSIPS Provisioning

Ovidiu Sas
Actually, what you really need is only a new transport for MI interface.
For a json API for MySQL, take a look here:
http://rackerhacker.com/2012/03/28/mysql-json-bridge-a-simple-json-api-for-mysql/

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

--