Quantcast

OpenSIPS Summit 2017 - double the attendance and double the content

OpenSIPS Summit 2017 - double the attendance and double the content

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2

Amsterdam, Netherlands May 6, 2017: After a full week of "everything SIP", the OpenSIPS Project wrapped up this year summit on Friday May 5th 2017.

This year's installment focusing on the new release of OpenSIPS 2.3 brought with it a pioneering step to integrate OpenSIPS with key open source VoIP projects like Homer, FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, CG Rates, and RTPproxy. Also featured were new integrations for protocols like SIP-I and RabbitMQ, as well as, the introduction of the new Event Based Routing Engine.

Attendees enjoyed talks and presentations delivered by not only key project members, but also from representatives of large companies from the VoIP market.

Other projects like Jitsi, Janus, Zoiper, and Media Soup provided us with an in depth look into how they dealt with challenges in VoIP world in regards to innovation.

To get a little feedback on what the experience was like, I briefly spoke to the rest of the team involved in organizing this Summit - people from OpenSIPS Solutions, from QXIP, from Ratetel; and the most important, Celeste Mangani, our lead organizer.

According to them, "we received an outpouring of praise and thanks regarding the impressive quality of the event from everyone including the attendees, speakers, and especially the sponsors." When we continued discussing the attendance and sponsorship for this years event he continued, "We doubled our growth from last year... And the sponsors for this years summit showed an overwhelming commitment to making this our best summit ever!"

This years event was sponsored by Telnyx,VoipGRID, VoiceTel, Motto Communications, DIDX, VoiCenter and AG Projects . Due to their generosity this year's attendees enjoyed catered lunches at the event, a boat tour of Amsterdam's canals, social dinners at local venues, and many more gifts and prices (yes, we had a raffle).

For the people who weren't able to join us in Amsterdam or for the people who want to re-iterate the Summit, we put together the speaker presentations, the video recordings and the photos, all under the same web page

http://www.opensips.org/Community/Summit-2017Amsterdam-Content

Enjoy it and thank you all for making this Summit possible

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html