OpenSIPS Virtual Machine connecting problem

OpenSIPS Virtual Machine connecting problem

Zsolt Pintér
Hi All!

Im a newbie thus I hope my letter will be not so disturbing!
I want to configure a SIP server with presence and conferance to use with android softphones. Thought on doing this with OpenSIPS for presence + Asterisk for conference.
I found the new OpenSIPS Live VM which I thought will be great for my needs since it has out of the box features which I need ... (except presence but I only need the 1st configuration which seems to be achievable quite easily)
and I can integrate it with Asterisk for conference later on with the guide on the site.

But Im having trouble connecting to the server from elsewhere then from the same machine that I have the virtual machine on.
Im guessing this is a really lame question but: What must I do to make it work?

thank you in advance!
regarads,
Zsolt

Re: OpenSIPS Virtual Machine connecting problem

SamyGo
Hi,

If you are trying to access the VM from non-host machine then you definitely need to use Bridged adapter mode in your VM networking option. That way your VM will have the sam subnet IP as of your LAN.

Sammy