OpenSIPS : XMPP TO SIP AND VISE VERSA

sagar malam
Hello,

We have a system which using FreeSWITCH for calls and Ejabberd( XMPP) for chat.Now we want to support SIP SIMPLE as well.But we are not going to move old users to SIP SIMPLE but only new users will use SIP SIMPLE.This leads to requirement of having SIP-XMPP gateway for which are are considering OpenSIPS server.
I have gone through documentation about OpenSIPS XMPP module, it is clear that OpenSIPS can convert SIP MESSAGE to XMPP  so SIP to XMPP will work but what about XMPP to SIP MESSAGE ? Does  that work as well ?

Sagar