OpenSIPS as SBC

Denys Pozniak-2
Hello!
I need to build SBC for trunking between different PBXes and our network.
As I see modules b2b_entities and b2b_logic just can handle this.

But module logic is not clear for me, do I need to create all possible scenarios in xml file (b2b_logic) to cover all cases?
As some customers can use 100rel other not and so on...

PS. Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new to OpenSIPS.
--

BR,
Denys Pozniak

Re: OpenSIPS as SBC

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Denys!

The B2B modules in OpenSIPS are used to create more complex scenarios,
that involves multiple UAs, scenarios that can't be done using a simple
SIP Proxy. I believe implementing an SBC using a B2B, although it might
work just fine, it is a bit an over-engineering.
The way I see an SBC, is that it does not necessarily need to be aware
aware of these complex SIP scenarios, but rather only enforce some
security checks and topology hiding. These can be more easily achieved
using the OpenSIPS topology hiding mode, perhaps also mid-registrar. So
if I were you, I'd to look into building a simple proxy, and then
enhance it with the features that you want your SBC to have.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 12/3/18 12:37 PM, Denys Pozniak wrote:

> Hello!
> I need to build SBC for trunking between different PBXes and our network.
> As I see modules b2b_entities and b2b_logic just can handle this.
>
> But module logic is not clear for me, do I need to create all possible
> scenarios in xml file (b2b_logic) to cover all cases?
> As some customers can use 100rel other not and so on...
>
> PS. Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new to OpenSIPS.
> --
>
> BR,
> Denys Pozniak

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
Meet the OpenSIPS team at the next OpenSIPS Summit:
   https://www.opensips.org/events

Re: OpenSIPS as SBC

Denys Pozniak-2
Hello,  Răzvan!
Thanks for the detailed answer!

But simple SIP proxy is not good solution for me, as I need to "normalize" SIP traffic from our customers (they have various type of PBXes and there can be configuration issues...).
So do I need to foresee all possible variants in xml scenario?

пн, 3 дек. 2018 г. в 13:21, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]>:
Hi, Denys!

The B2B modules in OpenSIPS are used to create more complex scenarios,
that involves multiple UAs, scenarios that can't be done using a simple
SIP Proxy. I believe implementing an SBC using a B2B, although it might
work just fine, it is a bit an over-engineering.
The way I see an SBC, is that it does not necessarily need to be aware
aware of these complex SIP scenarios, but rather only enforce some
security checks and topology hiding. These can be more easily achieved
using the OpenSIPS topology hiding mode, perhaps also mid-registrar. So
if I were you, I'd to look into building a simple proxy, and then
enhance it with the features that you want your SBC to have.

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 12/3/18 12:37 PM, Denys Pozniak wrote:
> Hello!
> I need to build SBC for trunking between different PBXes and our network.
> As I see modules b2b_entities and b2b_logic just can handle this.
>
> But module logic is not clear for me, do I need to create all possible
> scenarios in xml file (b2b_logic) to cover all cases?
> As some customers can use 100rel other not and so on...
>
> PS. Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new to OpenSIPS.
> --
>
> BR,
> Denys Pozniak

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
Meet the OpenSIPS team at the next OpenSIPS Summit:
   https://www.opensips.org/events

BR,
Denys Pozniak

Re: OpenSIPS as SBC

Răzvan Crainea-2
Note that when I'm talking about a proxy, I am not saying blindly
passing messages. You will still be able to normalize traffic, impose
security, or use any OpenSIPS module that does the specifics of your
requirements. My point is that you don't need B2B capabilities for an
SBC, as this will complicate your work exponentially.

Best regards,
Răzvan