OpenSIPS as a proxy in between Trunk and PBX.

OpenSIPS as a proxy in between Trunk and PBX.

Espen Berg
We are planning a new voip system.  The trunk is provided to us on a
private 10.x.x.x/29 range, and therefore not available direct to our end
customers.  We plan to have some kind of SIP/RTP proxy in front of the
trunk, and a PBX in front of this.  The trunk doesn't have any
authentication, the end customers should connect and authenticate to the
PBX in front, and the RTP streams should terminate to the proxy.

Is this possible to achieve by using OpenSIPS and RTPProxy?

Trunk

    | 10.x.x.x/29

SIP Proxy

PBX Asterisk etc.

Customer

I have tried many different configurations and browsed every bundled
example and web, but still I am not able to do what I want.  This have
already given me some grey hears, so I guess it's time to check if this
is even possible.  If not, is there any other approach that is more
recommendable?  If someone has done this before I would appreciate some
example configuration that I could work with.

Regards

Espen, Norway

Re: OpenSIPS as a proxy in between Trunk and PBX.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2010/3/16 Espen Berg <[hidden email]>:
> We are planning a new voip system.

Hi, please don't send the same mail to different maillists at the same time.

<[hidden email]>

Re: OpenSIPS as a proxy in between Trunk and PBX.

Hi Espen,

well, find a similar script is hard (each setup with its own
particularities / requirements).

Form functionality point of view, try do define what the opensips proxy
should do - then I can give you hints on how to do it.

So, what is the purpose and what you want your opensips to solve in your
setup ?

www.voice-system.ro