OpenSIPS boot Camp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenSIPS boot Camp

bay2x1
Hi to all!  
I was interested in attending the boot camp scheduled last June 15 however due to financial problems I wasn't able to do so.  I also ask one of my friends who was working within the area to attend the boot camp, but unfortunately when he tried to register it was already fully booked.  
I just want to ask if there are available online videos of the discussions on the seminar, and if there is a downloadable copy of DVD-disc which was distributed on the seminar.  I believe that the DVD would be a good reference specially the sample configuration files.  

I am hoping that in the near future there would be a boot camp which will be held on any South East Asian country, (e.g.; Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand).
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS boot Camp

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi,

Indeed the Bootcamp in San Francisco was fully booked with more than 2
weeks before - we had to turn people down.

I was discussion with Flavio about the e-Bootcamp version - were you can
get access via an elearning platform to the course materials for let's
say 2 months and you can study and run the seminars by yourself.
Included, you will have the possibility to fire questions to the
teachers if you have something to clarify or if you got stuck with the
labs....

What do you think of such approach ?

Regards,
Bogdan

bay2x1 wrote:

> Hi to all!  
> I was interested in attending the boot camp scheduled last June 15 however
> due to financial problems I wasn't able to do so.  I also ask one of my
> friends who was working within the area to attend the boot camp, but
> unfortunately when he tried to register it was already fully booked.  
> I just want to ask if there are available online videos of the discussions
> on the seminar, and if there is a downloadable copy of DVD-disc which was
> distributed on the seminar.  I believe that the DVD would be a good
> reference specially the sample configuration files.  
>
> I am hoping that in the near future there would be a boot camp which will be
> held on any South East Asian country, (e.g.; Singapore, Hong Kong,
> Philippines, Thailand).
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS boot Camp

Uwe Kastens
Hello Bogdan,

> say 2 months and you can study and run the seminars by yourself.
> Included, you will have the possibility to fire questions to the
> teachers if you have something to clarify or if you got stuck with the
> labs....
>
> What do you think of such approach ?
>

I would love that, since one would be able to learn on weekend or after
work. For some of us its not that easy to take a week off. No question
that a personal training is better.

I would take 2 "Accounts" if you will offer it.

BR

Uwe

BTW: What about a opensips user meeting? I would prefer North of europe:)

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS boot Camp

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hello Bogdan,
>
>  
>> say 2 months and you can study and run the seminars by yourself.
>> Included, you will have the possibility to fire questions to the
>> teachers if you have something to clarify or if you got stuck with the
>> labs....
>>
>> What do you think of such approach ?
>>
>>    
>
> I would love that, since one would be able to learn on weekend or after
> work. For some of us its not that easy to take a week off. No question
> that a personal training is better.
>
> I would take 2 "Accounts" if you will offer it.
>  

OK, perfect - I will discuss with Flavio to evaluate such a model and to
start putting it in place!

Thanks for the feedback,
Bogdan


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS user meeting ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
In reply to this post by Uwe Kastens
I would love something like this :)

Any other people willing to go for something like this ?

Regards,
Bogdan

Uwe Kastens wrote:
> Hello Bogdan,
>
> BTW: What about a opensips user meeting? I would prefer North of europe:)
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS user meeting ?

bay2x1
That is a brilliant idea, specially for people like me who won't be able to travel  to America or Europe to attend the boot camp, because of time and financial constraints.  May I also suggest that some sort of online certification be offered for those who had taken the course.  I just hope this would be available on the soonest possible time.

In regards to my former query, is there any available copy of the DVD-disc(the one distributed on the seminar) online for public download.  It will make studying opensips easier because I know that those configurations are working and that will serve as a reference of what I have configured.  I have been studying opensips for several months and its very difficult to find sample working configurations online that I can compare with my own configuration.  The only trusted reference I am using is the OpenSER book of Flavio E. Goncalves but some of the codes are obsolete or has been replaced.


Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote
I would love something like this :)

Any other people willing to go for something like this ?

Regards,
Bogdan

Uwe Kastens wrote:
> Hello Bogdan,
>
> BTW: What about a opensips user meeting? I would prefer North of europe:)
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@lists.opensips.org
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSIPS user meeting ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi,

bay2x1 wrote:
> That is a brilliant idea, specially for people like me who won't be able to
> travel  to America or Europe to attend the boot camp, because of time and
> financial constraints.  May I also suggest that some sort of online
> certification be offered for those who had taken the course.  I just hope
> this would be available on the soonest possible time.
>  
The whole certification test is anyhow done online (even from the
bootcamps), so this is not an issue :)
> In regards to my former query, is there any available copy of the
> DVD-disc(the one distributed on the seminar) online for public download.  It
> will make studying opensips easier because I know that those configurations
> are working and that will serve as a reference of what I have configured.  I
> have been studying opensips for several months and its very difficult to
> find sample working configurations online that I can compare with my own
> configuration.  The only trusted reference I am using is the OpenSER book of
> Flavio E. Goncalves but some of the codes are obsolete or has been replaced.
The materials will be available as part of the e-Bootcamp course.

Regards,
Bogdan

>  
>
>
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>  
>> I would love something like this :)
>>
>> Any other people willing to go for something like this ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Uwe Kastens wrote:
>>    
>>> Hello Bogdan,
>>>
>>> BTW: What about a opensips user meeting? I would prefer North of europe:)
>>>
>>>  
>>>      
>> _______________________________________________
>> Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>>
>>    
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users