OpenSIPS is behind a NAT, not the UAC. What to do?

OpenSIPS is behind a NAT, not the UAC. What to do?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Dear OpenSIPS-users.

The function nat_uac_test() (from module NATHELPER) works very well and tells me whether a cliente to my OpenSIPS is behind a NAT.

But, for my specific network topology, is my OpenSIPS that is behind a NAT, from the client perspective. In this case I have to fix the SDP content that goes from OpenSIPS to the client, so that the client will be able to send its media to a public IP, when communicating to a peer in the same network domain of this SIP server.

How can I be sure that for a client perspective the OpenSIPS is behind a NAT? In another words, is there a way to the OpenSIPS determine if its client is in the same network or in a remote network?

--------------

P.S. I suspect that OpenSIPS should be used in a node with public IP to simplify our solution. But our customer asked us to put OpenSIPS in a residential device that will be always behind a NAT for some smartphones perspective and not behind a NAT for another home devices perspective.

---------------

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

Re: OpenSIPS is behind a NAT, not the UAC. What to do?

Johan De Clercq
in the startup route, you should findĀ  your pub ip using curl.
Put that in a var and then use that var in rtpproxy.

[...]

Ph: <a href="tel:%2B55%2035%203471%209200" value="+553534719200" target="_blank">+55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

Re: OpenSIPS is behind a NAT, not the UAC. What to do?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Hi.

It sounds good for who is using rtpproxy. In our case we are using direct media without rtpproxy.

As long as our OpenSIPS will be behind a NAT and such NAT is a gateway, we have decided to do the following:

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
in the startup route, you should find  your pub ip using curl.
[...]

Ph: <a href="tel:%2B55%2035%203471%209200" value="&#43;553534719200" target="_blank"> +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

Re: OpenSIPS is behind a NAT, not the UAC. What to do?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Sorry. The rest of message:

1 - check the IP from SDP.

2 - If such IP is equal to the IP of the gateway, then:

        we will fix the current IP, changing it to the OpenSIPS public IP.

Hopefully, it is easy to read such IP from SDP, using some function of OpenSIPS.

Could you comment about this decision, please?

Thank you very much!

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software