OpenSIPS not using mysql DB??

Christian Cambier

Hi.

Using 2 soft-SipPhones I specify the IP-address of my OpenSIPS proxy and manage to register 2 users that I created using the OpenSIPS control panel
The users can call each other and everything, logging/traces on the proxy clearly show the traffic between the 2 users

Now the strange thing is that if I change the extension number to a number that doesn't correspond to any user in the DB, not only does the registration process succeed, but that user can make successful calls as well.

It is as if my proxy is not using the opensips DB?

How to make sure that the mysql db is used?

thx

Re: OpenSIPS not using mysql DB??

Binan83
Hi Christian,

load and configure "auth_db" and "auth" modules. Then use these function:  proxy_authorize() and www_authorize()
see these:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/auth_db.html#id250229

And chapter 5 of book "Building Telephony Systems with OpenSIPS 1.6"

// Binan.

Using 2 soft-SipPhones I specify the IP-address of my OpenSIPS proxy and manage to register 2 users that I created using the OpenSIPS control panel
The users can call each other and everything, logging/traces on the proxy clearly show the traffic between the 2 users

Now the strange thing is that if I change the extension number to a number that doesn't correspond to any user in the DB, not only does the registration process succeed, but that user can make successful calls as well.

It is as if my proxy is not using the opensips DB?

How to make sure that the mysql db is used?

thx

voipmagazine.wordpress.com/