OpenSIPS started looking for SRV records

OpenSIPS started looking for SRV records

Gordon Ross
I built OpenSIPS 1.5.1 on a SLES 10 box and it basically worked. For various
reasons, I then re-built it on an Ubuntu 9.04 server box.

Since re-building it on the Ubuntu box, my X-Lite client registers fine, but
my SIP hard phone doesn't, giving me the error "Too many hops". Running a
wireshark on the Ubuntu box, I now see a load of DNS SRV/NAPTR requests.

I understand why these are being done, but I can't understand why the SLES10
box didn't do these.

I've looked at the configs, and I can't see anything different. (It doesn't
mean there isn't anything different, though ;-)  )

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks,

GTG

Re: OpenSIPS started looking for SRV records

Gordon Ross
I've discovered that this problem only occurs on the trunk build of OpenSIPS. Reverting back to the 1.5.1 source tarball and things all run fine.

GTG

Re: OpenSIPS started looking for SRV records

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Gordon,

You claim that trunk and 1.5 behaves differently (from SRV point of
view)  with the same cfg and on the same server/OS ?

Gordon Ross wrote:

> I've discovered that this problem only occurs on the trunk build of OpenSIPS. Reverting back to the 1.5.1 source tarball and things all run fine.
>
> GTG

Could you post the inbound requests, along with logs (debug=6) for both
cases (1.5 and trunk) ? It will really help me in finding any difference
between.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan