OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand
Hi
I have started playing around with the combination Open IMS/Presence,
OpenXCAP and OpenIMS. Currently OpenXCAP and the presence server are
installed in the same PC and the Open IMS stuff in other PC's. I can
have a terminal sending XCAP requests to OpenXCAP and I can subscribe
and publish to the presence server through the IMS network but the
presence server doesn't care about the presence rule documents.

When sending the XCAP PUT request I use the command:

PUT org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/pres-rules

no problem so far and the document can also be retreived.

When bob subscribes for alice presence information I can see that the
presence server sends a GET request using another AUID:

GET presence-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/index

and this results in a 404 error response. Why getting the index instead
of pres-rules?

 From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by IETF
and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?

Best regards
Kenneth Löfstrand

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Adrian Georgescu
Try pres-rules instead of presence rules. If you PUT pres-rules you cannot obtain the same result back by doing GET presence-rules

Adrian

PUT org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/<a href="sip:alice@mydomain/pres-rules">sip:alice@mydomain/pres-rules

GET presence-rules/users/<a href="sip:alice@mydomain/index">sip:alice@mydomain/index

and this results in a 404 error response. Why getting the index instead
of pres-rules?

From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by IETF
and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?

Best regards
Kenneth Löfstrand

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand
So how do I try that? I cannot find where to specify which AUID to be
used by the presence server

/Kenneth

Adrian Georgescu skrev:

> Try pres-rules instead of presence rules. If you PUT pres-rules you
> cannot obtain the same result back by doing GET presence-rules
>

> Adrian
>

> On Dec 5, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:
>

>> Hi
>> I have started playing around with the combination Open IMS/Presence,
>> OpenXCAP and OpenIMS. Currently OpenXCAP and the presence server are
>> installed in the same PC and the Open IMS stuff in other PC's. I can
>> have a terminal sending XCAP requests to OpenXCAP and I can subscribe
>> and publish to the presence server through the IMS network but the
>> presence server doesn't care about the presence rule documents.
>>
>> When sending the XCAP PUT request I use the command:
>>
>> PUT org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/pres-rules
>>
>> no problem so far and the document can also be retreived.
>>
>> When bob subscribes for alice presence information I can see that the
>> presence server sends a GET request using another AUID:
>>
>> GET presence-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/index
>>
>> and this results in a 404 error response. Why getting the index instead
>> of pres-rules?
>>
>> From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by IETF
>> and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Kenneth Löfstrand

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Adrian Georgescu
It seems that on the README and wiki page the auid was incorrectly
displayed. I have corrected it. You can use either these two auids to
identify the presence rulles application:

- pres-rules
- org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules

Examples for how to PUT/GET/DELETE documents on the XCAP server are
found here:

http://download.ag-projects.com/OpenXCAP/clients/README.xcapclient

You can also use the ready to use xcap_pres_rules.py script that does
it interactively in the console:

http://sipsimpleclient.com/wiki/xcap_pres_rules

Regards,
Adrian

On Dec 6, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:

> So how do I try that? I cannot find where to specify which AUID to
> be used by the presence server
>
> /Kenneth
>

> Adrian Georgescu skrev:
>> Try pres-rules instead of presence rules. If you PUT pres-rules you
>> cannot obtain the same result back by doing GET presence-rules
>>

>> Adrian
>>

>> On Dec 5, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>> I have started playing around with the combination Open IMS/
>>> Presence,
>>> OpenXCAP and OpenIMS. Currently OpenXCAP and the presence server are
>>> installed in the same PC and the Open IMS stuff in other PC's. I can
>>> have a terminal sending XCAP requests to OpenXCAP and I can
>>> subscribe
>>> and publish to the presence server through the IMS network but the
>>> presence server doesn't care about the presence rule documents.
>>>
>>> When sending the XCAP PUT request I use the command:
>>>
>>> PUT org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/pres-rules
>>>
>>> no problem so far and the document can also be retreived.
>>>
>>> When bob subscribes for alice presence information I can see that
>>> the
>>> presence server sends a GET request using another AUID:
>>>
>>> GET presence-rules/users/sip:alice@mydomain/index
>>>
>>> and this results in a 404 error response. Why getting the index
>>> instead
>>> of pres-rules?
>>>
>>> From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by
>>> IETF
>>> and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Kenneth Löfstrand

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand
Thanks for your replies, Adrian
to me OpenXCAP is generous enough to accept the two AUID's as you say
but isn't the problem that I have to convince the presence server to use
one of these. Currently it uses presence-rules as AUID.

Regards
Kenneth

Adrian Georgescu skrev:

> It seems that on the README and wiki page the auid was incorrectly
> displayed. I have corrected it. You can use either these two auids to
> identify the presence rulles application:
>
> - pres-rules
> - org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules
>
> Examples for how to PUT/GET/DELETE documents on the XCAP server are
> found here:
>
> http://download.ag-projects.com/OpenXCAP/clients/README.xcapclient
>
> You can also use the ready to use xcap_pres_rules.py script that does
> it interactively in the console:
>
> http://sipsimpleclient.com/wiki/xcap_pres_rules
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>
> On Dec 6, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:
>
>> So how do I try that? I cannot find where to specify which AUID to be
>> used by the presence server
>>
>> /Kenneth
>>

>> Adrian Georgescu skrev:
>>> Try pres-rules instead of presence rules. If you PUT pres-rules you
>>> cannot obtain the same result back by doing GET presence-rules
>>>

>>> Adrian

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand
I'm using the presence server that comes in Opensips 1.4

Regards
Kenneth

Adrian Georgescu skrev:

> May I ask which presence server uses presence-rules as AUID?
>

> Adrian
>

> On Dec 7, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:
>

>> Thanks for your replies, Adrian
>> to me OpenXCAP is generous enough to accept the two AUID's as you say
>> but isn't the problem that I have to convince the presence server to
>> use one of these. Currently it uses presence-rules as AUID.
>>
>> Regards
>> Kenneth
>>
>> Adrian Georgescu skrev:
>>
>>> It seems that on the README and wiki page the auid was incorrectly
>>> displayed. I have corrected it. You can use either these two auids
>>> to identify the presence rulles application:
>>>
>>> - pres-rules
>>> - org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules
>>>
>>> Examples for how to PUT/GET/DELETE documents on the XCAP server are
>>> found here:
>>>
>>> http://download.ag-projects.com/OpenXCAP/clients/README.xcapclient
>>>
>>> You can also use the ready to use xcap_pres_rules.py script that
>>> does it interactively in the console:
>>>
>>> http://sipsimpleclient.com/wiki/xcap_pres_rules
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrian

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Adrian Georgescu
Can you try using the integrated mode where the server does not do XCAP queries but reads the documents directly from the database provisioned by the XCAP server.

The xcap_client module might use the wrong auid but I have never used it so I cannot advise what is wrong with your setup.

Adrian

Adrian Georgescu skrev:
[...]

From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by IETF
and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?

Best regards
Kenneth Löfstrand

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Kenneth,

Indeed there was a bug in 1.4.x branch. I had fixed it in trunk but
seems I forgot to fix it in the stable branch. Thanks for your report.

regards,
Anca

Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:

> I'm using the presence server that comes in Opensips 1.4
>
> Regards
> Kenneth
>

> Adrian Georgescu skrev:
>
>> May I ask which presence server uses presence-rules as AUID?
>>

>> Adrian
>>

>> On Dec 7, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks for your replies, Adrian
>>> to me OpenXCAP is generous enough to accept the two AUID's as you say
>>> but isn't the problem that I have to convince the presence server to
>>> use one of these. Currently it uses presence-rules as AUID.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Kenneth

Re: OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Now I have installed 1.4.3 and the XCAP
communication between the Presence server and OpenXCAP seems to work
fine. What I noticed though is that the transformation element has to be
included in the pres-rules document, if not an error message is logged
and the subscribe dialog is terminated. From what I understand this
element is not mandatory.

Regards
Kenneth