Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

bluerain
I am currently running Opensips 1.9 on Debian Whizzy, but as stated on my other thread, I am getting some weird error which opensips would suddenly stop working.

So, I am starting a new installation of Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6 using the yum install method:

1. I was able to install yum opensips install with no issue, but there are some module it didn't install which I need (e.g. db_unixodbc and db_mysql and httpd)

2. So I went ahead download the source and all the dependency files needed and re-complie the oepnsips to get those .so files

3. After some tweaking of the database table structure and some other stuff, I was able to get opensips 1.11 running without error (on the message.log file)  using my 1.9 config file.

So I did opensipsctl restart (just to make sure opensips starts)
I see:

INFO: Restarting OpenSIPS :
INFO: stopped

INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :
INFO: Removing stale PID file /var/run/opensips.pid.
INFO: started (pid: 2079)

but when I try to use a VoIP device to register to it, it doesn't response.  thus I did:
"sudo netstat -plnt"

The only think I see that opensips is listening on is port 8888 by PID 2080 (I don't see 2079 at all)

So what is happening?  why no error and it seems opensips running but yet is not listsening on port 5060?

I have 2 nic card and eth0 is the one with public IP and the default route where as the eth1 is the one with private IP and no default route.  Thus I am sure everything is route out of the eth0 (public IP).

When I do simply the command "opensips", it would simply return:

Listening on
             udp: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:5060
Aliases:
             *: (my FQDN):*

So it looks like it think is listening on port 5060 but is not?

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thank you!

Re: Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

First check if opensips actually started : run "ps auxw | grep opensips"

If it didn't , check the logs (messages or syslog) for errors.

If you see the process, check with "netstat -lnp | grep opensips" to see
the listening interfaces of OpenSIPS.

On 25.03.2015 17:41, bluerain wrote:

> I am currently running Opensips 1.9 on Debian Whizzy, but as stated on my
> other thread, I am getting some weird error which opensips would suddenly
> stop working.
>
> So, I am starting a new installation of Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6 using
> the yum install method:
>
> 1. I was able to install yum opensips install with no issue, but there are
> some module it didn't install which I need (e.g. db_unixodbc and db_mysql
> and httpd)
>
> 2. So I went ahead download the source and all the dependency files needed
> and re-complie the oepnsips to get those .so files
>
> 3. After some tweaking of the database table structure and some other stuff,
> I was able to get opensips 1.11 running without error (on the message.log
> file)  using my 1.9 config file.
>
> So I did opensipsctl restart (just to make sure opensips starts)
> I see:
>
> INFO: Restarting OpenSIPS :
> INFO: stopped
>
> INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :
> INFO: Removing stale PID file /var/run/opensips.pid.
> INFO: started (pid: 2079)
>
> but when I try to use a VoIP device to register to it, it doesn't response.
> thus I did:
> "sudo netstat -plnt"
>
> The only think I see that opensips is listening on is port 8888 by PID 2080
> (I don't see 2079 at all)
>
> So what is happening?  why no error and it seems opensips running but yet is
> not listsening on port 5060?
>
> I have 2 nic card and eth0 is the one with public IP and the default route
> where as the eth1 is the one with private IP and no default route.  Thus I
> am sure everything is route out of the eth0 (public IP).
>
> When I do simply the command "opensips", it would simply return:
>
> Listening on
>               udp: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:5060
> Aliases:
>               *: (my FQDN):*
>
> So it looks like it think is listening on port 5060 but is not?
>
> Any help would be appreciated greatly!
>
> Thank you!

Re: Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

bluerain
This post was updated on .
thx for the reply, I think I fixed the issue, but do you know why am I seeing so many of these error messages?  Is it just means some of the SIP message opensips gets can not be parsed or have some weird stuff in it?  I checked these IP, they are from VoIP devices manufactured by Grandstream (e.g. HT501)  but when I do some wireshark at my firewall, I don't see these weird characters though, so where they from?  (e.g. the opensips said it parsed "°#001°°V•'Ï"ðé", I don't see those weird stuff in data captures at my firewall.)  Or maybe I am not looking at the right places?  And if these error are meaningless, is there a way to turn it off?  Is it by setting debug=-3 would do it?  Because it is filling up my drive very fast, hundreds of meg in few hours.

Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3676]: ERROR:core:receive_msg: Unable to parse msg received from [xxx]
Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3675]: ERROR:nathelper:fix_nated_sdp_f: Unable to get bodies from message
Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3678]: ERROR:core:parse_first_line: bad request first line
Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3678]: ERROR:core:parse_first_line: at line 0 char 14:
Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3678]: ERROR:core:parse_first_line: parsed so far: °#001°°V•'Ï"ðé
Mar 26 17:22:42 OSIPIBD-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3678]: ERROR:core:parse_msg: message=<>

Re: Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

John Nash
Hello Frank,

I saw your message http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2015-March/031296.html Did you get any head or tail of this issue?..I also face the same situation where in wireshark I see perfect messages but opensips log shows unable to parse and shows junk characters

John

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Podrigal, Aron
From what I have seen in the past, I believe that your client has some garbage in the beginning of the message, so opensips would say that it could't parse the first line. Whereas wireshark is a bit smarter to skip over it.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM, John Nash <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Aron Podrigal
-
//Be happy :-)