Opensips Active Calls

Rodrigo Ferreira-2
Good Morning,

there’s a way to see active calls on Opensips besides “opensips fifo dlg_list”? Because I wanna make a call viewer, to make easier the call visualization, I know that “dlg_list” show me actual status of the call, like, ringing, active or hanging up.

Is there something databased who keeps this information too?

Thanks

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

You can also enable DB persistency for the dialog module, see the db_mode parameter [1] , and after than you can query the database to get the ongoing dialogs.

But why doesn't the dlg_list fifo command satisfy your needs ? It should be much faster to get the ongoing dialogs from the OpenSIPS internal memory, instead of querying a database.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/dialog.html#id292771

Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 03/16/2012 02:14 PM, Rodrigo Ferreiraw wrote:
Good Morning,

there’s a way to see active calls on Opensips besides “opensips fifo dlg_list”? Because I wanna make a call viewer, to make easier the call visualization, I know that “dlg_list” show me actual status of the call, like, ringing, active or hanging up.

Is there something databased who keeps this information too?

Thanks

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Just a small note - by looking into DB, to dialog table, you will not be able to see calls in early state ; dialog module pushes calls to DB only when established.

The "dlg_list" gives you all calls, including the ones in early state.

On 03/16/2012 02:19 PM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
[...]

I’m thinking in build a web interface to show me all the calls and theirs status.

I have tried to make using dlg_list from fifo, but they give me only text, and sometimes the dialog on fifo doesnt show all the lines that I expected.

For example, if a call is going normal, it shows me a number of lines (I dont remember exactly how much lines it shows me), but if I had dialed a number, and hung up the call right after I dialed, it showed me a different number of lines. Thats why i’m thinking on query a databases to make a friendly web interface for my users.

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Rodrigo Ferreira-2
The db_mode from dialog module almost fit my needs, the only thing that it doesnt show me, its the ringing status.

Do I have to make changes to the routing logic to do that?

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:36 AM

I’m thinking in build a web interface to show me all the calls and theirs status.

I have tried to make using dlg_list from fifo, but they give me only text, and sometimes the dialog on fifo doesnt show all the lines that I expected.

For example, if a call is going normal, it shows me a number of lines (I dont remember exactly how much lines it shows me), but if I had dialed a number, and hung up the call right after I dialed, it showed me a different number of lines. Thats why i’m thinking on query a databases to make a friendly web interface for my users.

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

The ringing status is not in the database because, as Bogdan mentioned in a previous email, the dialogs are only inserted into the DB after dialog establishment ( after 200 Ok was received ).
In regards to dlg_list showing different number of lines for different calls, that's only normal because, depending of the state of a call, it can have zero, one, or multiple callee legs ( zero if no replies have been received for the INVITE, one if there was a reply from a single branch or multiple legs in case you have serial or parallel forking ).

So your choices would be to either work a little extra to parse the dlg_list output ( which is not that complicated at all :) ) and also have information about early dialogs, or be lazy and use the DB, but then you only have established dialogs information, and you also put a higher load on the DB.

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:36 AM

I’m thinking in build a web interface to show me all the calls and theirs status.

I have tried to make using dlg_list from fifo, but they give me only text, and sometimes the dialog on fifo doesnt show all the lines that I expected.

For example, if a call is going normal, it shows me a number of lines (I dont remember exactly how much lines it shows me), but if I had dialed a number, and hung up the call right after I dialed, it showed me a different number of lines. Thats why i’m thinking on query a databases to make a friendly web interface for my users.

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Rodrigo Ferreira-2
I didnt see the previous email from Bogdan, sorry about that.

And you are right, I’ll not be lazy and put some effort to make a call viewer using the dlg_list, I have a prototype here, it works 90% of the time, I will try to make some changes to the dialogs right.

But thanks for the info Vlad, you helped me a lot.
=)

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:36 AM

I’m thinking in build a web interface to show me all the calls and theirs status.

I have tried to make using dlg_list from fifo, but they give me only text, and sometimes the dialog on fifo doesnt show all the lines that I expected.

For example, if a call is going normal, it shows me a number of lines (I dont remember exactly how much lines it shows me), but if I had dialed a number, and hung up the call right after I dialed, it showed me a different number of lines. Thats why i’m thinking on query a databases to make a friendly web interface for my users.

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Brett Nemeroff
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Rodrigo Ferreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
I didnt see the previous email from Bogdan, sorry about that.

And you are right, I’ll not be lazy and put some effort to make a call viewer using the dlg_list, I have a prototype here, it works 90% of the time, I will try to make some changes to the dialogs right.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 here. I regularly do this kind of thing with the fifo to retrieve call status and call counts. It works very well.

That being said, I personally wouldn't use mi_fifo to do this unless it's the only thing you are using the fifo for. I've had horrible trouble with fifo commands stepping on each other and clogging it up. I'd look into some other mi_x method

-Brett

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
On 03/16/2012 04:35 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Rodrigo Ferreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
I didnt see the previous email from Bogdan, sorry about that.

And you are right, I’ll not be lazy and put some effort to make a call viewer using the dlg_list, I have a prototype here, it works 90% of the time, I will try to make some changes to the dialogs right.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 here. I regularly do this kind of thing with the fifo to retrieve call status and call counts. It works very well.

That being said, I personally wouldn't use mi_fifo to do this unless it's the only thing you are using the fifo for. I've had horrible trouble with fifo commands stepping on each other and clogging it up. I'd look into some other mi_x method

in my opinion, mi_datagram is one of the lightest ways of interacting, but you need to take care of the size of the data you retrieve (as with UDP transport you are limited to 65K).

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Ali Pey
Rodrigo,

Did you ever make this work? Do you have any recommendations or code to share? What is the traffic volume in your case?

Regards,
Ali

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Ali,

I did a php script to read that info, but isnt perfect yet, I will try to find it here and post it here.

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:51 AM

[...]

Nenhum vírus encontrado nessa mensagem.
Verificado por AVG - www.avgbrasil.com.br
Versão: 2012.0.1913 / Banco de dados de vírus: 2411/4973 - Data de Lançamento: 05/02/12

Re: Opensips Active Calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Rodrigo,

Posting scripts may not be the best practice as the mailing list has some size limit (to 40K) - better upload here:
    http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTipsFaqs