Opensips and FS scenario

Miha
Hi to all,

I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to
migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little
help about implementation.

I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do
load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).

My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything
(registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which
parse and put it in mysql)).

What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and
registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS
for media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?

I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am
asking to know which is the best way.
And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k
users (registration and load_balacing).

Thanks for help!

Miha

Re: Opensips and FS scenario

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Miha wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little help about implementation.
>

> I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).
>
> My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything (registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which parse and put it in mysql)).
>
> What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS for media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?
>
> I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am asking to know which is the best way.
> And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k users (registration and load_balacing).

Everything you said can be done just fine with OpenSIPS :-) Do you use any advanced dialplan features like IVRs?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Opensips and FS scenario

Miha
On 11/16/2012 10:58 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Miha wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little help about implementation.
>>

>> I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).
>>
>> My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything (registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which parse and put it in mysql)).
>>
>> What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS for media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?
>>
>> I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am asking to know which is the best way.
>> And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k users (registration and load_balacing).
>>
> Everything you said can be done just fine with OpenSIPS :-) Do you use any advanced dialplan features like IVRs?

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

yes I am using but nothing special. Ok, but what is better to let FS do
it or use it Opensips?

Br,
Miha

Re: Opensips and FS scenario

Muhammad Shahzad

Keep your architecture simple so you can scale better. Use opensips only for registration and call routing and let FS handle calls with all your business logic etc.

Thank you

On Nov 16, 2012 11:03 AM, "Miha" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/16/2012 10:58 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Miha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little help about implementation.
>>>

>>> I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).
>>>
>>> My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything (registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which parse and put it in mysql)).
>>>
>>> What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS for media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?
>>>
>>> I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am asking to know which is the best way.
>>> And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k users (registration and load_balacing).
>>>
>> Everything you said can be done just fine with OpenSIPS :-) Do you use any advanced dialplan features like IVRs?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
>> AG Projects

> yes I am using but nothing special. Ok, but what is better to let FS do it or use it Opensips?
>
> Br,
> Miha

Re: Opensips and FS scenario

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

On Nov 16, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Miha wrote:

> On 11/16/2012 10:58 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Miha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little help about implementation.
>>>

>>> I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).
>>>
>>> My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything (registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which parse and put it in mysql)).
>>>
>>> What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS for media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?
>>>
>>> I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am asking to know which is the best way.
>>> And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k users (registration and load_balacing).
>>>
>> Everything you said can be done just fine with OpenSIPS :-) Do you use any advanced dialplan features like IVRs?

There is no silver bullet. You should first find the bottleneck in your infrastructure and then re-design it. Adding OpenSIPS to the mix will not solve all problems automatically.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects