Opensips backup

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hello!

There is one consulting question.

If i have a two instance of the Opensips which are working with active/standby mode and there is mysql replication between two instance.

Suppose standby Opensips will run permanently because listen parameter will be, for example, udp:eth1:5060.

So, the question is, if active Opensips will fail, will standby Opensips be handle dialogs properly which have been initiated on active one early?

Thank you.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis

Re: Opensips backup

Johan De Clercq
as long as your sql instances are in perfect sync and if you use dialogs with db in realtime, it should work.
I think however that it is much better to share an instance of mysql instead of using one for each opensips with replication .

Hello!

There is one consulting question.

If i have a two instance of the Opensips which are working with active/standby mode and there is mysql replication between two instance.

Suppose standby Opensips will run permanently because listen parameter will be, for example, udp:eth1:5060.

So, the question is, if active Opensips will fail, will standby Opensips be handle dialogs properly which have been initiated on active one early?

Thank you.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis

Re: Opensips backup

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Sorry, but one more time.
If both instance: muster and slave are in active mode (i.e. running), will slave properly handle dialogs (for example when BYE has been received) initiated on muster (in case of fail one)?
I am using dialog module with db_mode = 1.

Thank you.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis