Opensips children process

rajib deka
Hi All,

Can anybody please explain me the use of opensips children processes? Is it something like if children=4 and opensips gets 4 INVITES tranjactions, then one children will work on one INVITE. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
--
Rajib Deka
Software Engineer

Mobile No: + 91 80157 09130

Re: Opensips children process

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Rajib,

each SIP message (request or reply) is read from the network by a child
(any of them) and it will be processed (to the end) only by that child.
A child processes only one message at a time..

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Opensips children process

rajib deka
Thank you Bogdan. When you say 'to the end' does it mean that INVITE to BYE (may be sometime REGISTER or CANCEL) the whole transaction is taken care of by the same process that reads the initial INVITE. So for 200 CPS how many children we should have ?

Regards
Rajib

rajib deka wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody please explain me the use of opensips children processes?
> Is it something like if children=4 and opensips gets 4 INVITES
> tranjactions, then one children will work on one INVITE. Correct me if
> I am wrong.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Rajib Deka
> Software Engineer
> Servion Global Solution
> Chennai, India
>
> Mobile No: + 91 80157 09130

www.voice-system.ro

Rajib Deka
Software Engineer
Servion Global Solution
Chennai, India

Mobile No: + 91 80157 09130

Re: Opensips children process

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Rajib,

I meant "to the end" for that SIP message -  a SIP message is a request
or a reply.

For example, an INVITE request may be processed (entirely) by proc P1,
while its 200 OK reply may be handled by proc P2.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Opensips children process

rajib deka
Thank you Bogdan. I am clear now.

Regards
Rajib

rajib deka wrote:
> Thank you Bogdan. When you say 'to the end' does it mean that INVITE
> to BYE (may be sometime REGISTER or CANCEL) the whole transaction is
> taken care of by the same process that reads the initial INVITE. So
> for 200 CPS how many children we should have ?
>
> Regards
> Rajib
>
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
>     Hi Rajib,
>
>     each SIP message (request or reply) is read from the network by a
>     child
>     (any of them) and it will be processed (to the end) only by that
>     child.
>     A child processes only one message at a time..
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>
>     rajib deka wrote:
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     > Can anybody please explain me the use of opensips children
>     processes?
>     > Is it something like if children=4 and opensips gets 4 INVITES
>     > tranjactions, then one children will work on one INVITE. Correct
>     me if
>     > I am wrong.
>     >
>     > Thanks