Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

S. Rosenberg
I'm new to opensips, I currently have a asterisk server with over 300
users and at times it crashes from too many things going on at the
same time, therefore I would like to set up a opensips box to handle
registrations and load balancing for our asterisk servers, here is my
plan let me know if this is right and if someone can help me with the
script I would really appreciate it.

Opensips handles registration.
Invites from users on the opensips system will be sent over to
multiple asterisk boxes via load balancing and asterisk will decide
how to send out the call.
Invites from outside (incoming did's) will also be handed over to
asterisk, asterisk will decide what to do with it (ivr, or voicemail
or send to sip etc) when asterisk decides to send it to a registered
user on the opensips it will send it back to opensips.
The opensips database and asterisk database will be the same table
done via a mysql view.

I would like to know if this is a good setup and if someone can
provide me with a script that should do this, I am working on this for
days and I'm not sure is I'm going in the right direction (again I'm a
newbie).

I would also like to know how does opensips know when there is a
voicemail on asterisk for MWI?

thanks in advance

Re: Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

Vik Killa
That is a good setup for sure.
I'm also trying to setup a similiar system using freeswitch instead of asterisk. I'm very new to freeswitch. maybe someone could give Schneur Rosenberg and myself some pointers.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Schneur Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

SamyGo
To handle registrations on Opensips use...uummm..better if you guys go through these pages first.

http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutLoadbalancing       [OpenSIPs Load balancing] [Works the same for Asterisk/FreeSWITCH]

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:05 AM, vip killa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Faisal Rehman
Hi Schneur,

Its good to hear that you are going to do load balancing with the help of OpenSIPS and I assume that you are having OpenSIPS running fine and properly upon any of your servers. I hope that you have gone through the shared links for load balancing which are also given on the OpenSIPS website.

As you know the default configuration script is mostly located in /usr/local/etc/opensips directory & there will be a file called opensips.cfg through which opensips runs. As you are newbie to OpenSIPS that is why I am writing all the details here. For load balancing purpose, the module of load balancer must be there in your opensips.cfg like below:

loadmodule "load_balancer.so"

Please see your OpenSIPS modules directory also. Before proceeding to the OpenSIPS load balancing configurations please let me know are you connected to the OpenSIPS database because you will have to do the changes in OpenSIPS database table load_balancer accordingly. If you are having any problems in database connectivity, follow that link:

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

Vik Killa
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Enterprise_deployment_OpenSIPS   [FreeSWITCH]
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutLoadbalancing      [OpenSIPs Load balancing]
These guide does not handle opensips registrations, i was able to get load balancing to work but I cannot get the UAs to register to opensips.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Sam Govind <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Vip,

Please check your firewall and Se-Linux upon the server & both should be disabled.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman