Opensips interop with yahoo messenger, gchat, MSN or pidgin

Opensips interop with yahoo messenger, gchat, MSN or pidgin

Visu.M
Folks,

I am new to SIP development. I am currently developing a presence project.
I installed OPENSIPS as server and sipsimpleclient as client.

I have a question. Will I be able to use yahoo messenger, google chat or MSN messenger as SIP client with OPENSIPS as server ?
I remember seeing a presentation where OPENSIPS is used with MSN messenger. I couldn't locate it now.
Any reply or pointers will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
Visu M

Re: Opensips interop with yahoo messenger, gchat, MSN or pidgin

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Visu,

yes, you will - use the Jabber module to translate to any IM protocol
via a Jabber server:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/jabber.html