Quantcast

Opensips, load_balancing and authentication process

Opensips, load_balancing and authentication process

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hello!

I am sorry that it was early, but i could not find an answer for my question.

I want to ask for advice from community about how can i use Opensips as c "clean" Load_balancer for my project?
The scheme of the project is a classic.

Load_balancer ---> Proxy1/Register1
| |
| | mysql replication.
| |
|_____________> Proxy2/Register2

One load_balancer, two (or more) Proxies which have mysql replication relationship.

What do i mean about "clean"? I mean that it should ONLY act as a balancer. It should be entry point into my network and it should "live forever" (UPS, protected server, NO MySQL interaction dialing with transaction processing). It should not make any other action about call processing (besides TCP <-> UDP conversion). All actions (Call processing, authentication, Registration etc.) should "live" in Proxies.

So, my question is, can i do it?
Will Opensips work correctly in such scheme, including authentication procedure of the Call or Register processing?

Thank you for any help.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis

Re: Opensips, load_balancing and authentication process

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Denis,

Just be sure :
1) during authentication, your proxy/registrar(s) allow to have cross challenging - one server is firing the auth challenge, but another one receives the reponse
2) the registrations are shared between all your registrar servers.

Otherwise, just give it a try and test ;)

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html
On 05/18/2017 08:43 AM, Denis via Users wrote:
Hello!

I am sorry that it was early, but i could not find an answer for my question.

I want to ask for advice from community about how can i use Opensips as c "clean" Load_balancer for my project?
The scheme of the project is a classic.

Load_balancer ---> Proxy1/Register1
| |
| | mysql replication.
| |
[...]

Hello, Bogdan!

Thank you.

One more. How can i access a "nonce" value from 401 reply, during REGISTER transaction?

Thank you.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis

22.05.2017, 17:39, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <[hidden email]>:
Hi Denis,

Just be sure :
1) during authentication, your proxy/registrar(s) allow to have cross challenging - one server is firing the auth challenge, but another one receives the reponse
2) the registrations are shared between all your registrar servers.

Otherwise, just give it a try and test ;)

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html
On 05/18/2017 08:43 AM, Denis via Users wrote:
Hello!

I am sorry that it was early, but i could not find an answer for my question.

I want to ask for advice from community about how can i use Opensips as c "clean" Load_balancer for my project?
The scheme of the project is a classic.

Load_balancer ---> Proxy1/Register1
| |
| | mysql replication.
| |
[...]

As OpenSIPS is the registrar, it it the one generating the nonce (via the www_challenge() function). At script level, you do not have visibility over the sent nonce .

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Huston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 05/23/2017 08:30 AM, Denis via Users wrote:
Hello, Bogdan!

Thank you.

One more. How can i access a "nonce" value from 401 reply, during REGISTER transaction?

Thank you.

--
С уважением, Денис.
Best regards, Denis

22.05.2017, 17:39, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" [hidden email]:
Hi Denis,

Just be sure :
1) during authentication, your proxy/registrar(s) allow to have cross challenging - one server is firing the auth challenge, but another one receives the reponse
2) the registrations are shared between all your registrar servers.

Otherwise, just give it a try and test ;)

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html
On 05/18/2017 08:43 AM, Denis via Users wrote:
Hello!

I am sorry that it was early, but i could not find an answer for my question.

I want to ask for advice from community about how can i use Opensips as c "clean" Load_balancer for my project?
The scheme of the project is a classic.

Load_balancer ---> Proxy1/Register1
| |
| | mysql replication.