Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Elisa Murgia
Hello all,
I'm new in Opensips  and I'm trying to use it with Radius authentication enabled.
I've got this error:

ERROR:uri_radius:mod_init: uri_radius: can't get code for the Call-Check attribute value

At the moment I've added a new entry in dictionary.ser in /etc/radiusclient-ng like behind:

VALUE Service-Type       Call-Check       10   # RFC2865, uri_radius

and now it seems to work, but I'm not sure this should be the right way to do. I was looking for a dictionary.opensips owning such an entry, but I cannot find it.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Elisa Murgia

Re: Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Marc Leurent
Hello, last year, I was using CDRTool and your email reminded me something.
I have juste verified, you will find an opensips.dictionnary for Radius at
http://download.ag-projects.com/CDRTool/cdrtool_6.7.2.tar.gz
in setup/radius/OpenSIPS

Have a nice day

--
-- --
Marc LEURENT

DECKPOINT SA
Une société du groupe VTX Telecom

Re: Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Hi Elisa,

What radius lib are you using ? libradiusclient-ng or freeradius?

The Call-Check is a standard attribute and should be provided by the
dictionaries coming with your radius installation). Only the custom
(OpenSIPS specific) ATTRIBUTES and VALUES are defined by
dictionary.opensips (see in your etc directory).

Elisa Murgia wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm new in Opensips  and I'm trying to use it with Radius
> authentication enabled.
> I've got this error:
>
> ERROR:uri_radius:mod_init: uri_radius: can't get code for the
> Call-Check attribute value
>
> At the moment I've added a new entry in dictionary.ser in
> /etc/radiusclient-ng like behind:
>
> VALUE Service-Type       Call-Check       10   # RFC2865, uri_radius
>
> and now it seems to work, but I'm not sure this should be the right
> way to do. I was looking for a dictionary.opensips owning such an
> entry, but I cannot find it.
>
> Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>
> Elisa Murgia

Re: Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Maxim,

Do you have any idea why Call-Check in not present in the dictionaries
provided by libradiusclient-ng ?

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

Elisa Murgia wrote:

> @Marc: thanks for your suggestion, I'll start using that dictionary
>
> @Bodgan:I'm using libradiusclient-ng.
> I've noticed that Call-Check is a standard value, so it looked really
> strange to me that it was not present in the dictionary.
> Using grep in /etc/radiuclient-ng directory, I'ev found no match with
> Call-Check attribute.
> Regards
>
> 2009/3/13 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi Elisa,
>
>     What radius lib are you using ? libradiusclient-ng or freeradius?
>
>     The Call-Check is a standard attribute and should be provided by
>     the dictionaries coming with your radius installation). Only the
>     custom (OpenSIPS specific) ATTRIBUTES and VALUES are defined by
>     dictionary.opensips (see in your etc directory).
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>
>     Elisa Murgia wrote:
>
>         Hello all,
>         I'm new in Opensips  and I'm trying to use it with Radius
>         authentication enabled.
>         I've got this error:
>
>         ERROR:uri_radius:mod_init: uri_radius: can't get code for the
>         Call-Check attribute value
>
>         At the moment I've added a new entry in dictionary.ser in
>         /etc/radiusclient-ng like behind:
>
>         VALUE Service-Type       Call-Check       10   # RFC2865,
>         uri_radius
>
>         and now it seems to work, but I'm not sure this should be the
>         right way to do. I was looking for a dictionary.opensips
>         owning such an entry, but I cannot find it.
>
>         Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>
>         Elisa Murgia

Re: Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Maxim Sobolev
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Maxim,
>
> Do you have any idea why Call-Check in not present in the dictionaries
> provided by libradiusclient-ng ?

By mistake probably. I've checked it in into cvs.freeradius.org
repository along with some other missed values from RFC2865/RFC2866. It
should be available in the next version of radiusclient from the
freeradius project.

Thank you for letting me know.

Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.
Internet Telephony (VoIP) Experts
T/F: +1-646-651-1110
Web: http://www.sippysoft.com
MSN: [hidden email]
Skype: SippySoft

Re: Opensips with RADIUS authentication: missing Call-Check attribute value

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Thank you Maxim.