Options Probing From drouting/lb modules

Options Probing From drouting/lb modules

fabio4prez
Greetings list,

Is there a way to log out when gateways have been disabled due to failing OPTIONS probing with these modules?

I know I can get at it by cranking up the log level past debug, but I'd prefer if there's some way to add a route in the script and print out a special log message.  Ideally, we'd like to redirect this to a separate appender so it goes into a separate log file (or even better, pipe this into some sort of metrics like graphite/statsd).

Let me know if this is possible out of the box with configuration; if not we might open a feature request and potentially implement the feature.

As a side note, I know we could probably do this by doing a fifo call to lb_list or dr_gw_status once a minute and reporting the results, I was just hoping for something a little more direct than that.

Re: Options Probing From drouting/lb modules

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Bobby,

There is no straight way to do it now (unless some over complicated solutions). The plan is to add Events for gateway failing. Similar like we have in the dispatcher module (see http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/dispatcher.html#id295069). And having an Event in place (to notify on the change in status of a gateway), you can capture the Event in script via an event_route (see http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-Routes-1-11#toc9).

We added a feature request for this https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/280, it will be done this week.

On 25.07.2014 23:11, Bobby Smith wrote:
[...]

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Bobby!

I just added events for these two modules on the master branch[1]. Please run a few tests and let me know if there are any issues.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/147f57af6ea9ac4b7f24a660aedb65acf47b78c2

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 07/28/2014 03:22 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
[...]

Hi Razvan,

Awesome!  Thanks for the quick turn around.  We'll get this into our testing cycle and try to give you some feedback in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,