Out of mem all of the sudden

k1028
All of the sudden yesterday and today my OpenSIPS kept crashing every every few hours before of out of mem messages. I tried to increase the PKG 4*1024*1024 and SHM to 256 and recompile and still having the same problem. There is no core dump generated for the crash and there is out of memory for almost everything  when it happen

Memlog=1
TOTAL:  75693 free fragments = 266358504 free bytes
TOTAL: 136436832 large bytes
TOTAL: 24 overhead

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

Eric LI DESTRI
Hi,

I had the same problem using large carrier route tables. Which modules do you use in your setup ? What version of opensips ?

Eric LI DESTRI

2010/9/15 k1028 <[hidden email]>

All of the sudden yesterday and today my OpenSIPS kept crashing every every
few hours before of out of mem messages. I tried to increase the PKG
4*1024*1024 and SHM to 256 and recompile and still having the same problem.
There is no core dump generated for the crash and there is out of memory for
almost everything  when it happen

Memlog=1
TOTAL:  75693 free fragments = 266358504 free bytes
TOTAL: 136436832 large bytes
TOTAL: 24 overhead

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

rajib deka
I too encountered the same problem in our production environment, but it was resolved once we increased the SHM and PKG memory to some higher value. We are using OpenSIPS version 1.6.2. Can you place the log here and also total number of OpenSIPS children process ?

Regards
Rajib

2010/9/15 k1028 <[hidden email]>

All of the sudden yesterday and today my OpenSIPS kept crashing every every
few hours before of out of mem messages. I tried to increase the PKG
4*1024*1024 and SHM to 256 and recompile and still having the same problem.
There is no core dump generated for the crash and there is out of memory for
almost everything  when it happen

Memlog=1
TOTAL:  75693 free fragments = 266358504 free bytes
TOTAL: 136436832 large bytes
TOTAL: 24 overhead

Rajib Deka
Software Engineer
Servion Global Solution
Chennai, India

Mobile No: + 91 91767 80669

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

k1028
Now I have the time to look into the log file more. The the memlog is very big. What specific should I look into it?

WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free memory, will atempt defragmenation
ERROR:tm:new_t: out of mem
ERROR:tm:t_newtran: new_t failed

ERROR:tm:store_reply: failed to alloc' clone memory
ERROR:tm:insert_tmcb: no more shared memory
ERROR:dialog:dlg_create_dialog: failed to register TMCB

INFO:core:handle_sigs: child process 10078 exited by a signal 11
INFO:core:handle_sigs: core was not generated
INFO:core:handle_sigs: terminating due to SIGCHLD

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

k1028
I am using opensips 1.6.3 with very only few modules loaded. The OpenSIPS is up for over a months with up any issue until now. I also tried to increase the PKG to 4mb and SHM to 256 mb still crash.

loadmodule "db_mysql.so"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "uri.so"
loadmodule "dispatcher.so"
loadmodule "mediaproxy.so"
loadmodule "nathelper.so"
loadmodule "dialog.so"
loadmodule "mi_datagram.so"
loadmodule "signaling.so"
loadmodule "localcache.so"
loadmodule "sst.so"
loadmodule "avpops.so"
loadmodule "load_balancer.so"

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

Dave Singer
I ran into out of memory and adjusted the shared memory opensips uses with the -m option.
It tells opensips how much shared memory to use in MB. eg:
.../sbin/opensips -m 500 -l eth0
gives it 500MB of shared memory and listen on eth0
I believe by default it uses 100MB if -m is not specified.

Dave

k1028
I even increased the SHM to 1024 still haven't the same problem. I believe identified the problem now and will share with everyone once I confirm this is the fix. Thank You

Re: Out of mem all of the sudden

k1028
Thank you very much for all your response. The problem is fixed for me. It was a configuration issue that someone sending lot of calls to my gateway with a # at the end of the number caused a loop and used up all of my memory. I sent a address incomplete now if none of the URI match. Thank You