Quantcast

PUA API send to certain IP

Schumann Sebastian
Anca, All,

I have the following scenario

UE  -  OpenSER Proxy/Presence Server  -  OpenSER Registrar

The proxy acts as proxy and presence server. If the UE sends a subscribe to [hidden email], it handles this subscription. If it publishes its state [hidden email] it does as well. All registration/call control is proxied to the registrar.

I try now to use the PUA module API to create PUBLISH on the Proxy/Presence Server. This works fine, the only issue is that it has the request-uri [hidden email], like UE generated subscriptions. This is actually not an issue, but wanted. The problem is that the proxy forwards the package to the registrar acc. R-URI. I want it sent to another IP.

Is there the possibility to define the IP where the package should be sent to, i.e. presence server IP, to handle the packet there?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: PUA API send to certain IP

Anca Vamanu
Hi Schuman,

If you want to specify the address where the PUBLISH message should be
sent, you just have to set the presence_server parameter in pua_usrloc
module. This is present in trunk for OpenSIPS. I will think about adding
it to 1_4 as well. If you want to use the trunk version for pua_usrloc,
you also have to take pua from there. This feature updates both modules.

regards,
Anca Vamanu

Schumann Sebastian wrote:

> Anca, All,
>
> I have the following scenario
>
> UE  -  OpenSER Proxy/Presence Server  -  OpenSER Registrar
>
> The proxy acts as proxy and presence server. If the UE sends a
> subscribe to user@registrar <mailto:user@registrar>, it handles this
> <mailto:user@registrar> it does as well. All registration/call control
> is proxied to the registrar.
>
> I try now to use the PUA module API to create PUBLISH on the
> Proxy/Presence Server. This works fine, the only issue is that it has
> the request-uri user@registrar <mailto:user@registrar>, like UE
> generated subscriptions. This is actually not an issue, but wanted.
> The problem is that the proxy forwards the package to the registrar
> acc. R-URI. I want it sent to another IP.
>
> Is there the possibility to define the IP where the package should be
> sent to, i.e. presence server IP, to handle the packet there?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

anca.vcf (219 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [Kamailio-Users] PUA API send to certain IP

El Lunes, 3 de Noviembre de 2008, Schumann Sebastian escribió:
> Anca, All,

Please, don't send the same mail to OpenSIPS and Kamailio maillists. This is
called cross-posting and it's a bad idea.

Re: PUA API send to certain IP

Schumann Sebastian
Hi Anca

I am not using pua_usrloc but my own module. It is build on pua api. I need this parameter I think but it seemed to me the pua api did not provide the possibility to set the presence server parameter, at least in 1.4 that I am using.

Thanks for the hint, will check the pua api for the trunk version to figure it out. For now, the outbound_proxy for pua is fine for me, as I use only one submodule of pua.

Best regards
Sebastian