Passive call recording using rtpproxy

Lameire Alexis

Hello,

I would like to acheave call recording on a passive way. My setup will use a port mirroring on the switch on a dedicated port.

Despite the presentation on the last summit, I can't properly understand how to properly acheave it. As I get rtpproxy will rewrite the SDP content to fix the media ip to the instance of rtpproxy, but this biavior is not suitable for a passive call recording.

As I see on this[1] documentation I don't find a way to inhibate this biavior and just rely on the choiced RTP/RTSP port.

In additions I will be faced by the issues related to port mirroring, the destination ip on sig and media packet will not match the local address and rtpproxy and opensips will not be able to bind the datagram socket.

So, I think I have lost something, so if you could glow my mind you will be gracefully thanked.

In addition of my questions, I would like to strongly thanks the presenter for is call recording experience, mainly due to the keys provided on the post task for files conversion.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.7.x/rtpproxy.html

--
Signature
Alexis Lameire

Re: Passive call recording using rtpproxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Alexis,

To record the RTP on the your platform, you need first to get the RTP to flow through your servers, right ? So you have to do RTP pinning - to be transparent for the users (if recorded or not), you will have to do it for all calls I guess. And here you can use RTPproxy to pin the media.

Now, once you have the RTP on your servers (via rtpproxy), you have 2 options:
    1) get the recording directly from RTPProxy
    2) get the RTP via port mirroring

Let me know if ok so far.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/05/2017 11:24 AM, Lameire Alexis wrote:

[...]

Ok,

As I understand you, to be able to get the RTP stream I need to place an inline component between client and IPBX or between SBC and upstream to copy and redirect with the correct ip the RTP to the dedicated server.

I wouldn't like to do it this way. I would like to be able to do it by only port mirror traffic on the inbound of SBC/PBX to the server, mainly to avoid side effect to the service on a fail of the recording service.

Let me know if I definitively not understand you.

Regards

Le 05/07/2017 à 16:38, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu a écrit :
[...]

IF you have access to the SBC/PBX boxes/network and able to do port mirroring for the passing RTP, then it is great. You cannot use RTPproxy, but other tools that are able to do RTP capturing via port mirroring - take a look as sipcapture.org, they have some tools for this.