Performance's question

Jorge Ortea
Hi,

I have a performance's question.

What is more efficient? dp_translate function of dialplan module or a read query of MySQL ?

I need found a ip adress of list from this way or another.

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: Performance's question

Brett Nemeroff
The dialplan module is fantastic. I highly recommend it. Anything that
loads data into memory is going to outperform a direct database read.
You can combine a database lookup with memcache in many circumstances
to gain performance.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but you may also be
able to use the permissions module efficiently if you are just trying
to match on IP address. Might be worth looking into.
-Brett