Perl dialog callback

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Hi.

Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
If so, how to do it ?

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Perl dialog callback

Brett Nemeroff
I'm also interested in this..

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
> If so, how to do it ?
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Giuseppe Roberti
> <[hidden email]>

Re: Perl dialog callback

Alex Balashov
Me three.

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> I'm also interested in this..
>
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
>> If so, how to do it ?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> --
>> Giuseppe Roberti
>> <[hidden email]>

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: Perl dialog callback

Hi guys,

well, this is not available right now - I'm not too much into the perl
module (how it works), but probably you need an extension in the module
in order to access the callback registration function. Also, the pass a
pointer to the callback function.

Maybe Bastian (the perl modules author) may bring some light here :).

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
> If so, how to do it ?
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Giuseppe Roberti
> <[hidden email]>

Re: Perl dialog callback

Bastian Friedrich
Hi,

On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
> > If so, how to do it ?
>
> well, this is not available right now - I'm not too much into the perl
> module (how it works), but probably you need an extension in the module
> in order to access the callback registration function. Also, the pass a
> pointer to the callback function.
>
> Maybe Bastian (the perl modules author) may bring some light here :).

The perl module currently cannot register its functions with the dialog
module; implementation of such an extension should not be too difficult,
though.

Unfortunately I am no longer involved in OpenSER-descendant development, as my
company has chosen not to further its VoIP efforts. Due to that, I cannot
really help in the development of such an extension for the time being.

Best Regards
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-28

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ ...put knot yore trust inn spel chequers.

Re: Perl dialog callback

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Bastian,

Thank you for the feedback  - so, if I understand correctly, your
company is not into VOIP anymore ? so, will you not be available to
maintain the perl module anymore ?

Bastian Friedrich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to register a user perl function as a dialog callback ?
>>> If so, how to do it ?
>>>
>> well, this is not available right now - I'm not too much into the perl
>> module (how it works), but probably you need an extension in the module
>> in order to access the callback registration function. Also, the pass a
>> pointer to the callback function.
>>
>> Maybe Bastian (the perl modules author) may bring some light here :).
>>

> The perl module currently cannot register its functions with the dialog
> module; implementation of such an extension should not be too difficult,
> though.
>
> Unfortunately I am no longer involved in OpenSER-descendant development, as my
> company has chosen not to further its VoIP efforts. Due to that, I cannot
> really help in the development of such an extension for the time being.
>
> Best Regards
>    Bastian

Re: Perl dialog callback

Bastian Friedrich
On Thursday 13 November 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Thank you for the feedback  - so, if I understand correctly, your
> company is not into VOIP anymore ?

Unfortunately: correct.

> so, will you not be available to
> maintain the perl module anymore ?

I will try to provide fixes for bugs that may occur, but I will not be able to
provide new features for the time being.

Things may change in the future.

Best
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-28
f: +49 (0) 761-45684-10        www.collax.com

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ Perfekte Ausreden, Teil 1212:
\ ...herzlich willkommen bei der Störungsannahme, Sie werden
\ gleich bedient...herzlich willkommen bei der...

Re: Perl dialog callback

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Ok, thanks for clarification Bastian.

Bastian Friedrich wrote:

> On Thursday 13 November 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the feedback  - so, if I understand correctly, your
>> company is not into VOIP anymore ?
>>

> Unfortunately: correct.
>

>> so, will you not be available to
>> maintain the perl module anymore ?
>>

> I will try to provide fixes for bugs that may occur, but I will not be able to
> provide new features for the time being.
>
> Things may change in the future.
>
> Best
>    Bastian

Re: Perl dialog callback

Brett Nemeroff
Will anyone be taking over the perl module?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> so, will you not be available to
>> maintain the perl module anymore ?
>>

> I will try to provide fixes for bugs that may occur, but I will not be able to
> provide new features for the time being.
>
> Things may change in the future.
>
> Best
>    Bastian

Re: Perl dialog callback

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
well, for the moment (until we get another perl guru ;) ) we can do a
collective effort and commonly maintain it. In the mean while, you can
upload your idea as a future request on the tracker.