Pre-load mongodb cache

Pat Burke

Hello,

We are looking at using the cachedb_mongodb module to access a large cache of data (100+ million records) that we wanted to do the following

  • on a separate server, create a "pre-loaded" cache mongodb file, and then copy the file to each opensips server so that the data is accessed locally
  • access the mongodb "cache" using the cache_raw_query on the calls as needed
  • on a nightly basis, replace the build an updated (on a separate server) and replace the cache mongodb file on the local server
Can I just replace the file while they system is running?  Do I have to a replicaSet to have auto failover?  Any recommendation?

Regards,
Pat Burke

Voxtelesys | solutions to grow your business

Re: Pre-load mongodb cache

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Pat,

It looks to me more like a mongo question rather than opensips :) . Even if I'm not an mongo expert, I guess you can avoid that file-based distribution of the DB and rely on the replica set - import the data into Mongo via the writable node and next to each opensips instance to have a mongo node keeping a read-only set of data (in the same replica set).