Prepay without RADIUS ?

rad bogdan
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to configure a prepay system that doesn't use the RADIUS server but only OpenSIPS, CallControl and CDRTool ?
Maybe I haven't searched enough but the documentations that I've read on internet rely on Freeradius being configured for authentication-accounting-authorization and don't give other alternatives.
Couldn't OpenSIPS be used to accomplish all these tasks ?

Re: Prepay without RADIUS ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Bogdan,

you can use a DB backend (instead of RADIUS) or an external application
to communicate with opensips (like via XMLRPC).

rad bogdan wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to configure a prepay system that doesn't use the
> RADIUS server but only OpenSIPS, CallControl and CDRTool ?
> Maybe I haven't searched enough but the documentations that I've read
> on internet rely on Freeradius being configured for
> authentication-accounting-authorization and don't give other alternatives.
> Couldn't OpenSIPS be used to accomplish all these tasks ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan

OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
www.voice-system.ro

Re: Prepay without RADIUS ?

rad bogdan
Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for the response.
I've searched on the internet for some guidelines on how to configure the system with a DB backend but I wasn't able to find something useful. Can you tell me briefly how to start the configuration, considering that callcontrol, cdrtool, opensips and mediaproxy are already configured. The configuration files of all applications have references to RADIUS server. Can I simply ignore them and leave the default ones when working with the DB backend ?

rad bogdan wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>  Is it possible to configure a prepay system that doesn't use the RADIUS server but only OpenSIPS, CallControl and CDRTool ?
> Maybe I haven't searched enough but the documentations that I've read on internet rely on Freeradius being configured for authentication-accounting-authorization and don't give other alternatives.
> Couldn't OpenSIPS be used to accomplish all these tasks ?
>  Thanks,
> Bogdan

-- Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
www.voice-system.ro

Re: Prepay without RADIUS ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Bogdan

more or less you need a fresh start - for example the default script is
using DB for auth and acc part. What you miss is the authorize for PP
(checking some balance or something like that) that can be done via some
stored procedure in Mysql - and from script you run that procedure to
see if the caller is allowed to call the destination and for how
long...And your billing/rating will be hidden behind that DB procedure