Presence and hangup

James Lamanna
Hi,
So, I've got presence mostly working now, however I have the
interesting problem that when someone hangs up,
the BLF on my Linksys SPA-942 still remains red. Do I need to do some
special BYE handling to make this clear?

Thanks.

-- James

Re: Presence and hangup

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribió:
> Hi,
> So, I've got presence mostly working now, however I have the
> interesting problem that when someone hangs up,
> the BLF on my Linksys SPA-942 still remains red. Do I need to do some
> special BYE handling to make this clear?

Presence (SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH "Event: presence") has *nothing* to do with BLF
(Dialog subscriptions - RFC 4235), *nothing*.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Presence and hangup

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribió:
> > Hi,
> > So, I've got presence mostly working now, however I have the
> > interesting problem that when someone hangs up,
> > the BLF on my Linksys SPA-942 still remains red. Do I need to do some
> > special BYE handling to make this clear?
>
> Presence (SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH "Event: presence") has *nothing* to do with BLF
> (Dialog subscriptions - RFC 4235), *nothing*.

Perhaps you are using presence_dialoginfo and pua_dialoginfo modules? The last
onedidn't work well for me when I tested it.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo<[hidden email]> wrote:
> El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribió:
>> Hi,
>> So, I've got presence mostly working now, however I have the
>> interesting problem that when someone hangs up,
>> the BLF on my Linksys SPA-942 still remains red. Do I need to do some
>> special BYE handling to make this clear?
>
> Presence (SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH "Event: presence") has *nothing* to do with BLF
> (Dialog subscriptions - RFC 4235), *nothing*.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Then there seems to be a problem in
the presence_dialoginfo module at 1.5.1,
which according to the documentation implements RFC 4235, where the
the phone is not getting a notification
that the dialog has been destroyed.

I'm currently building the SVN trunk to see if that fixes the problem.

> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

-- James

Re: Presence and hangup

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribió:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo<[hidden email]> wrote:
> > El Sábado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribió:
> >> Hi,
> >> So, I've got presence mostly working now, however I have the
> >> interesting problem that when someone hangs up,
> >> the BLF on my Linksys SPA-942 still remains red. Do I need to do some
> >> special BYE handling to make this clear?
> >
> > Presence (SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH "Event: presence") has *nothing* to do with
> > BLF (Dialog subscriptions - RFC 4235), *nothing*.
>
> Ok, thanks for the clarification. Then there seems to be a problem in
> the presence_dialoginfo module at 1.5.1,
> which according to the documentation implements RFC 4235, where the
> the phone is not getting a notification
> that the dialog has been destroyed.

Are you also using pua_dialoginfo module?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Presence and Hangup

James Lamanna
>El S?bado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribi?:
>> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM, I?aki Baz Castillo<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > El S?bado, 6 de Junio de 2009, James Lamanna escribi?:
>> >
>> > Presence (SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH "Event: presence") has *nothing* to do with
>> > BLF (Dialog subscriptions - RFC 4235), *nothing*.
>>
>> Ok, thanks for the clarification. Then there seems to be a problem in
>> the presence_dialoginfo module at 1.5.1,
>> which according to the documentation implements RFC 4235, where the
>> the phone is not getting a notification
>> that the dialog has been destroyed.

> Are you also using pua_dialoginfo module?

Yes I am using pua_dialoginfo. BLF does not work on the Linksys phones
without it.
However, these issues do seem to be fixed in trunk, though I would
really like to run a stable version,
and not bleeding edge. :)

Thanks.

-- James

Re: Presence and Hangup

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi James,

Indeed there is a fix to a problem that was discovered after the
release. I suggest using the svn for 1.5 branch which is stable enough.

regards,
Anca

James Lamanna wrote:

>>> Ok, thanks for the clarification. Then there seems to be a problem in
>>> the presence_dialoginfo module at 1.5.1,
>>> which according to the documentation implements RFC 4235, where the
>>> the phone is not getting a notification
>>> that the dialog has been destroyed.
>>>

>> Are you also using pua_dialoginfo module?
>>

> Yes I am using pua_dialoginfo. BLF does not work on the Linksys phones
> without it.
> However, these issues do seem to be fixed in trunk, though I would
> really like to run a stable version,
> and not bleeding edge. :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- James

Re: Presence and Hangup

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/9 Anca Vamanu <[hidden email]>:
> Hi James,
>
> Indeed there is a fix to a problem that was discovered after the
> release. I suggest using the svn for 1.5 branch which is stable enough.

Hi Anca, could you please point me to that commit fixing this issue?

Thanks a lot.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Presence and Hangup

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Inaki,

The fixes are in pua module. For 1.5 branch there were 2 commits - rev
*5713*
<http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=5713>
and *5708*
<http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=5708>.