Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya
Hi All,

I am trying to use a domain name instead of IP address but not sure of the proper way.

1st I changed the SIP_DOMAIN in the opensipctlrc file, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Then, in opensips.cfg I replaced all IPs with domain.com and added an entry in etc hosts. This seems to be working, but somehow I feel this is not the proper way.

sample:
listen=udp:opensipstest.org:5060   # CUSTOMIZE ME

I'll appreciate if someone can tell the proper way to use a domain name in the presence server.

Re: Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya
Hi Nabeel,

Is there a field somewhere as alias? I am in version 1.8.3 .

Re: Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya
Will it be look something like below:

alias="domain.com"

listen=udp:alias:5060
listen=tcp:alias:5060

Thanks for the confirmation.

Re: Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya
Hi Nabeel,

I think I am missing something.

What I did is:

domain.com="192.168.192.129"
alias="domain.com"
listen=udp:"alias":5060

This gives me syntax error at the first line.

Please correct what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Re: Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

Nabeel

You shouldn't need the first line at all.  The 'listen' line should use the actual IP address:

alias="domain.com"
listen=udp:192.168.192.129:5060

On 3 Nov 2015 20:06, "surya" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nabeel,

I think I am missing something.

What I did is:

*domain.com="192.168.192.129"*
alias="domain.com"
listen=udp:"alias":5060

This gives me syntax error at the first line.

Please correct what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Re: Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya
Oh Thanks this works.

Few comments back you approved similar lines. Nevermind.
This also means that now I don't need entry in /etc/hosts.

One more question, can I get IP from env into this file?