Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Estefania Figueroa Buitrago
Hi,

At the moment I'm working in a project, in which I need to use OpenIMSCore with a presence server, so I decided to use Opensips (version 1.9).

When I tried to start it I get two errors. The first one is due to the script generated by the tool ./osipsconfig, specifically in this line:

----------------
modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
    "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
----------------

As you can see in the documentation, the presence_xml module doesn't include the db_url parameter anymore. It would be great if you could fix it, so the ./osipsconfig tool would not generate the script this way :).

The second error is due to the presence_xml module. I want a presence server WITHOUT XCAP and my configuration script looks like:

----------------
#### PRESENCE modules
loadmodule "presence.so"
loadmodule "presence_xml.so"

modparam("presence", "db_url",
    "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:x.x.x.x:5065") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
----------------

Here I'm just following the documentation:

force_active: Should be set to 1 if not using an xcap server

But every time I try to start Opensips I get this error:

----------------
ERROR:presence_xml:mod_init: Can't bind xcap
ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module presence_xml
ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules
----------------

It doesn't make any sence if you read the documentation. I commented the lines involving the presence_xml module and everything worked fine, but sadly I DO need this module.

What is that due to? It's there a bug?

regards,
Estefania

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Noted.

I hope to make this and a couple of related fixes to the example scripts this week.

Thanks for the report!

On Nov 2, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Estefania figueroa buitrago wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the moment I'm working in a project, in which I need to use OpenIMSCore with a presence server, so I decided to use Opensips (version 1.9).
>
> When I tried to start it I get two errors. The first one is due to the script generated by the tool ./osipsconfig, specifically in this line:
>
> ----------------
> modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
>     "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
> ----------------
>
> As you can see in the documentation, the presence_xml module doesn't include the db_url parameter anymore. It would be great if you could fix it, so the ./osipsconfig tool would not generate the script this way :).
>
> The second error is due to the presence_xml module. I want a presence server WITHOUT XCAP and my configuration script looks like:
>
> ----------------
> #### PRESENCE modules
> loadmodule "presence.so"
> loadmodule "presence_xml.so"
>
> modparam("presence", "db_url",
>     "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
> modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:x.x.x.x:5065") # CUSTOMIZE ME
> modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
> ----------------
>
> Here I'm just following the documentation:
>
> force_active: Should be set to 1 if not using an xcap server
>
> But every time I try to start Opensips I get this error:
>
> ----------------
> ERROR:presence_xml:mod_init: Can't bind xcap
> ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module presence_xml
> ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules
> ----------------
>
> It doesn't make any sence if you read the documentation. I commented the lines involving the presence_xml module and everything worked fine, but sadly I DO need this module.
>
> What is that due to? It's there a bug?
>
> regards,
> Estefania

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Estefania Figueroa Buitrago
Hello,

I would like to know, how's the progress of the fixes going? Should I download once again the source code of the OpenSIPS 1.9 or just make a couple of changes in the configuration files?

I found in the page:
http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/latest/src/

what looks like an actualization of the Openips 1.9.1 version. Is this the fixed version?

Thanks,
Estefania

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Mike Tesliuk
Hello Estefania,

You can check this tutorial (you have the complete cfg file on the end)

http://opensips.com.br/wiki/index.php?title=Opensips_1.9

There you have a working presence without xcap as you want

but basicaly

#### PRESENCE modules
loadmodule "presence.so"
loadmodule "presence_xml.so"
modparam("presence", "db_url",
	"mysql://opensips:_SUA_SENHA_AQUI_@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:127.0.0.1:5060") # CUSTOMIZE ME

After this you just need handle the request

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Estefania Figueroa Buitrago
Hi Mike. Basically I have the same configuration, the problem is, like I said before, that it doesn't matter if I have set the force_active param to one because I get an error, in which the system asks for a xcap server.

This error comes from older versions but is still there :(. Nevertheless I'm gonna check the tutorial (and use for sure Google Translate :P). They could have a different approach and make it work.

So thanks, I will let you know if it works.

Regards,
Estefanía

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
I updated the examples on 1.9, 1.10 and master branches, please give it a go and let me know if you find any issues.

On Nov 20, 2013, at 11:05 PM, Estefania Figueroa Buitrago <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know, how's the progress of the fixes going? Should I
> download once again the source code of the OpenSIPS 1.9 or just make a
> couple of changes in the configuration files?
>
> I found in the page:
> http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/latest/src/
>
> what looks like an actualization of the Openips 1.9.1 version. Is this the
> fixed version?
>
> Thanks,
> Estefania

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Estefania Figueroa Buitrago
Hi,

I'm very grateful. The server is starting right now without any problems. It works fine with the following configuration. I hope it could help someone else.

### XCAP
loadmodule "xcap.so"
modparam("xcap", "db_url",
        "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("xcap", "integrated_xcap_server", 1)

Regards,
Estefanía