Query on external source ( execel or DB )

Query on external source ( execel or DB )

Spady#7
Hi folk,
I need to know if with OpenSIPS i am able to have the following scenario:

INITIAL SCENARIO:

Incoming external call goes into "SIP PBX" , this one routes call toward another "SIP PBX".

WANTED SCENARIO:

Incoming external call goes into "SIP PBX,this one routes call toward OpeSIPS ( OpenSIPS have to check into outside source, for example a "execl" file or access file if calling number is present. If true It has to modify TO: header in a certain manner; if false, it has to modify TO Header with another way ). After modification, OpenSIPS routes call into final "SIP PBX".

Is that passible? I know OpenSIPS can easly modify Sip headers but what I don't know is if OpenSIPS can use a execl or acces external file as source to get the condition ( true or false ).

Thanks

Re: Query on external source ( execel or DB )

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

Can't you use a regular database, instead of an excel or acces file ?
If not, you can use the exec [1]  module to execute an external script
that processes info from your files, or even write a perl app that you
can call via the perl [2] module.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/exec.html
[2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/perl.html

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://opensips-solutions.org/

Pe 2/3/2012 1:28 PM, spady a scris:

> Hi folk,
> I need to know if with OpenSIPS i am able to have the following scenario:
>
> INITIAL SCENARIO:
>
> Incoming external call goes into "SIP PBX" , this one routes call toward
> another "SIP PBX".
>
> WANTED SCENARIO:
>
> Incoming external call goes into "SIP PBX,this one routes call toward
> OpeSIPS ( OpenSIPS have to check into outside source, for example a "execl"
> file or access file if calling number is present. If true It has to modify
> TO: header in a certain manner; if false, it has to modify TO Header with
> another way ). After modification, OpenSIPS routes call into final "SIP
> PBX".
>
> Is that passible? I know OpenSIPS can easly modify Sip headers but what I
> don't know is if OpenSIPS can use a execl or acces external file as source
> to get the condition ( true or false ).
>
> Thanks

Re: Query on external source ( execel or DB )

Spady#7
Thanks Vlad for your reply.
Query has to be done into AS400's db. I think is not a standard db. So I thought about excel or access file ( I can export data from AS400 ).
If there is not another solution, I will have a try as you suggested me.
Thnaks a lot.