Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Indiver
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to record calls using rtpproxy. i called call_recording()  while i get invite message and  on onreply route.
as follows:
I) if (is_method("INVITE")){
                force_rtp_proxy();
                start_recording();

2) onreply_route[1] {
        if ((isflagset(5) || isbflagset(6)) && status=~"(183)|(2[0-9][0-9])") {
                force_rtp_proxy();
                start_recording();
        }
When i make a call between my sip users a rtp files are storing in src directory. I'm confused how to decode and play these files. For each call it is saving two files

11784d24-9142b1a9@192.168.3.10=73818ee84fc2bab5o3;1.a.rtp
11784d24-9142b1a9@192.168.3.10=73818ee84fc2bab5o3;1.o.rtp.

I Read some where that  " .a.rtp"  is stream from caller, while ".o.rtp" is stream from callee.

how to decode these files and listen wheter the call is recorded or not? Thanks in Advance.

Re: Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Indiver

I found the solution and now i can hear my recorded files.

Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Indiver,

Could you share with us :)..

I expect the files are raw RTP files...

www.voice-system.ro

Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Indiver
Hi Bodgan,

Yes. These files are raw rtp files. When ever call is ended rtp proxy storing the 2 raw rtp files in to specified destination folder. One for callee and other for caller. The problem i faced is i have to merge these 2 raw rtp files of each call and convert into wav file to hear the conversation. Is there any other solution that to record call directly as a wav file using rtpproxy? Thanks in advance!

Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Indiver
Hi Bodgan,

I forgot to mention that files are not storing by callee or caller number. Moreover it is taking its own unique caller id. How to over come this in order to modify the recording file name as callee<->caller and time stamp format.

Re: Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

I doubt you can change that as RTPproxy is not decoding the RTP stream -
as the name says, the tool is only RTP aware, so cannot interpret the
content. But I guess you can google for some other audio tools to help
mixing the 2 streams.

Indiver wrote:
> Hi Bodgan,
>
> Yes. These files are raw rtp files. When ever call is ended rtp proxy
> storing the 2 raw rtp files in to specified destination folder. One for
> callee and other for caller. The problem i faced is i have to merge these 2
> raw rtp files of each call and convert into wav file to hear the
> conversation. Is there any other solution that to record call directly as a
> wav file using rtpproxy? Thanks in advance!

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Andrew Pogrebennyk-3
On 28.01.2010 11:07, Indiver wrote:
> I forgot to mention that files are not storing by callee or caller number.
> Moreover it is taking its own unique caller id. How to over come this in
> order to modify the recording file name as callee<->caller and time stamp
> format.

File names are created using template:
"${callid}=${tag}.${direction}.${pstype}", where $direction = 'a' or
'o', $pstype = 'rtp' or 'rtcp'. See rtpp_record.c and functions ropen()
and rwrite().

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk

On 29.01.2010 11:29, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> I doubt you can change that as RTPproxy is not decoding the RTP stream -
> as the name says, the tool is only RTP aware, so cannot interpret the
> content. But I guess you can google for some other audio tools to help
> mixing the 2 streams.

Check this page: http://www.rtpproxy.org/wiki/RTPproxy/FAQ
I didn't try the rtpbreak/sox approach though. We are using proprietary
tool here. I think that sox doesn't decode the g723 and g729 codecs.

One thing to keep in mind is that the RTP headers are not written in the
platform-independent format, so expect they be decoded only on the same
platform as the one that created the recording.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk

Re: Query regarding Rtp Proxy &opensips

Indiver
Hi Andrew,
Which proprietary tool using for mixing of RTP files. So that we contact them and try to use that. Cause that we have facing problems while using sox and rtpbreak  interms of voice quality and other issues.

Regards,
Nehru.