Query regarding xcap rules for presence

Visu.M
Hi,

I have a query regarding xcap rules in presence.
I wanted to know what are the different ways, I can set presence rules in XCAP.

For example : Alice has subscribed to Bob and Carol. (Alice's buddy list)
Now,  Alice need to be notified only when both Bob and Carol's status message changes (or mood, etc changes).

Is there a way in Opensips / Openxcap to set such rules ?
Is all types of such boolean operations possible ?
I believe that since rules are XML documents, these things should be possible.

Please let me know any documents or pointers for doing such activities.

Thanks,
Visu M

Re: Query regarding xcap rules for presence

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi,

It is not possible to do this with presence XCAP rules.
The xcap rules refer to what the others can see from your presence
state. (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5025.txt)
What you what is to set rules on how to see the others' presence. I
don't know of any standard handling this ( this can easily be done in
clients, but I don't know any having thought at it).

regards,
Anca

Visu.M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a query regarding xcap rules in presence.
> I wanted to know what are the different ways, I can set presence rules
> in XCAP.
>
> For example : Alice has subscribed to Bob and Carol. (Alice's buddy list)
> Now,  Alice need to be notified only when *both* Bob and Carol's
> status message changes (or mood, etc changes).
>
> Is there a way in Opensips / Openxcap to set such rules ?
> Is all types of such boolean operations possible ?
> I believe that since rules are XML documents, these things should be
> possible.
>
> Please let me know any documents or pointers for doing such activities.
>
> Thanks,
> Visu M

Re: Query regarding xcap rules for presence

Visu.M
Thanks Adrian and Anca for your replies.

based on your replies, I get that presence rules is one way association. (publisher only).
Just wanted to confirm that can't we have two way presence rules ? (from subscriber as well)

say, Alice wants to be notified only when Bob is in his office and not during other times.
(right now, I get that, rules can be, say Bob can state that notify Alice of my presence when I am in office)

As you said, I can code in client or presence_xml module to get what I want.
Just wanted to know, if this is allowed.

Thanks in Advance,
Visu M