Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Juan Backson
I have a working opensips.conf, but when opensips starts, I still get
some warning messages and errors.  For the permissions-related error,
I am using allow_trusted, but not the file-based rule set, is there
anyone to tell opensips not to look for those files?

Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
WARNING:permissions:parse_config_file: file not found:
/mnt/app/config/permissions.allow
Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
WARNING:permissions:mod_init: default allow file
(/mnt/app/config/permissions.allow) not found => empty rule set
Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
WARNING:permissions:parse_config_file: file not found:
/mnt/app/config/permissions.deny
Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
WARNING:permissions:mod_init: default deny file
(/mnt/app/config/permissions.deny) not found => empty rule set

I am getting the following error, even dispatching still works.  Does
anyone know which parameters are required?

Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
ERROR:dispatcher:ds_warn_fixup: failover functions used, but AVPs
paraamters required are NULL -- feature disabled
Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
ERROR:dispatcher:ds_warn_fixup: failover functions used, but AVPs
paraamters required are NULL -- feature disabled

Thanks alot for all your help.

JB

Re: Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/12/24 Juan Backson <[hidden email]>:

> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> WARNING:permissions:parse_config_file: file not found:
> /mnt/app/config/permissions.allow
> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> WARNING:permissions:mod_init: default allow file
> (/mnt/app/config/permissions.allow) not found => empty rule set
> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> WARNING:permissions:parse_config_file: file not found:
> /mnt/app/config/permissions.deny
> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> WARNING:permissions:mod_init: default deny file
> (/mnt/app/config/permissions.deny) not found => empty rule set

This just means that these files don't exist, so OpenSIPS shows a
warning, nothing else.

> I am getting the following error, even dispatching still works.  Does
> anyone know which parameters are required?
>
> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> ERROR:dispatcher:ds_warn_fixup: failover functions used, but AVPs
> paraamters required are NULL -- feature disabled
> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
> ERROR:dispatcher:ds_warn_fixup: failover functions used, but AVPs
> paraamters required are NULL -- feature disabled

Well, it seems an error non critical since finally a feature is
dissabled due to this missconfiguration.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Juan Backson
Hi,

I think it is disabling the failover feature.  Does anyone know which
parameter is misconfigured so I can fix this error?

I would like the failover feature to be enabled.

Thanks alot in advance for any help.

JB

>> Dec 24 13:49:42 localhost /usr/local/sbin/opensips[32697]:
>> ERROR:dispatcher:ds_warn_fixup: failover functions used, but AVPs
>> paraamters required are NULL -- feature disabled
>
> Well, it seems an error non critical since finally a feature is
> dissabled due to this missconfiguration.
>

> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <[hidden email]>

Re: Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/12/24 Juan Backson <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I think it is disabling the failover feature.  Does anyone know which
> parameter is misconfigured so I can fix this error?
>
> I would like the failover feature to be enabled.

Well, it seems that there are some parameters (some of them related to
AVP's) required in order to enable failover feature, starting with:

  http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/dispatcher.html#id2498400

The doc says clearly in all these parameters:

  "You must set this parameter if you want do do load balancing fail over."

<[hidden email]>

Re: Questions about permission and dispatcher modules

Hi Juan,

You need to set dst_avp
(http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/dispatcher.html#id2526749),
grp_avp