Quantcast

Questions on Call Center

Pat Burke
Hello,

I am looking at utilizing the call center module and have a few question.

1) Put agent on hold - play prompt.  From what I can tell, it looks like when a call come in from a customer and a matching agent is found, the agent is called and the two calls are bridged.  Is there a way to have the agent "On-Hold" (optionally playing a prerecorded message) until a call is received from a customer?  Then after the call is complete, the agent is put back on hold.

2) RTPProxy URL.  Is there a way to specify a url for rtpproxy that will specify a certain file? I know you can use rtpproxy_stream2uas to specify a file to play, but can I configure rtpproxy through just a url to play file.  Or will rtpproxy not work for providing the media to the call center module?

3) Coach mode.  Is there a way to bring a "coach"?  The "coach" could have three modes: 1) Listen only (both customer and agent), 2) Listen (both customer and agent) and speak to agent, 3) Listen and speak to customer and agent (3 way call).

Regards,
Pat Burke

Voxtelesys | solutions to grow your business

Re: Questions on Call Center

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Pat,

1) no, you cannot do this - each time there is a new call (from the queue) to be sent to the agent, it will be like a completely new incoming call.

2) I sure I understand the question - you want the use rtpproxy to play the media (announcements in the call center scenario) ??

3) no, there is not.

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html
On 04/10/2017 08:07 PM, Pat Burke wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the answers Bogdan,

For question #2, is there a way to rtpproxy to play messages for call center?  The parameters want a uri.  How do you provide a uri for rtpproxy?

Regards,
Pat Burke

Voxtelesys | solutions to grow your business
Direct: (402) 403-5121   |   Cell: (402) 443-8929  |   Email: [hidden email]
1801 23rd Avenue North   |  Suite 217    |  Fargo, North Dakota 58102

  http://www.opensips-solutions.comOpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
[...]

Pat,

The Call Center is built in such a way that requires a SIP entity to do the playback. So, for the announcements and on-hold you must use a SIP media server to provide the RTP.