[RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.11 beta major release is out

[RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.11 beta major release is out

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello everyone!

The OpenSIPS Project is proud to announce the release of OpenSIPS
version 1.11 (beta)!

We would like to thank the OpenSIPS community for all of their hard and
diligent work in making this release possible. We could never have done
it without you!

Special thanks go out to Ovidiu Sas, Walter Doekes, Damien Sandrs, Nick
Altmann, Brett Nemeroff, Ryan Bullock (and many others) for your amazing
contribution on this release. We truly appreciate you!

Building on our industry ready platform, we're excited to introduce many
new features and updates. But also we've continued to make inroads in
developing an easier to use OpenSIPS.

Version 1.11 brings with it enhancements to the core, script handling,
and many important modules.

The OpenSIPS core has received a new memory allocator to increase
performance. It's tunable and provides fine-grained locking!

We've also heard your requests on improving scripting capabilities. Say
hello to the SCRIPT_HELPER module and to the “for-each” statement! The
learning curve will not be so steep again!

We've also introduced 4 new modules in this release...

- B2B_SCA module providing new shared call appearance features
- CALL_CENTER module that introduces call queue features
- MI_JSON module to encode data in JSON format over HTTP for the MI
Interface commands
- SCRIPT_HELPER module to simplify the script/configuration for beginners

In all, too many features to list. However you can view them all by
visiting the version page at:
http://www.opensips.org/About/Version-1-11-0

Again, we are excited about all the new changes version 1.11 delivers.
We continue to appreciate all the feedback and help from the community.

We still have many things to be done to get to the stable release (in ~1
month), like improving the documentation, keep working on fixing bugs,
excessive testing and others.

We're always listening to your requests, so never be shy in making one!

Many thanks,
The OpenSIPS Project Team

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.11 beta major release is out

Brett Nemeroff
Awesome news!!

I can't wait to test out the new high performance stuffs :)  Great work guys!
-Brett

[...]

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Duane!

I fixed the link, it was 1.11 indeed.

Best regards,

Razvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 03/20/2014 11:43 PM, Duane Larson wrote:

> Good job.  Looks like the "Read More . . ." link for "New Call_Center
> Module" on page http://www.opensips.org/About/Version-1-11-0 is wrong
>
> It is pointed to
> "http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.12.x/call_center.html"
>
> Think it needs to be
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/call_center.html
>

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
>     Hello everyone!
>
>     The OpenSIPS Project is proud to announce the release of OpenSIPS
>     version 1.11 (beta)!
>
>     We would like to thank the OpenSIPS community for all of their hard
>     and diligent work in making this release possible. We could never
>     have done it without you!
>
>     Special thanks go out to Ovidiu Sas, Walter Doekes, Damien Sandrs,
>     Nick Altmann, Brett Nemeroff, Ryan Bullock (and many others) for
>     your amazing contribution on this release. We truly appreciate you!
>
>     Building on our industry ready platform, we're excited to introduce
>     many new features and updates. But also we've continued to make
>     inroads in developing an easier to use OpenSIPS.
>
>     Version 1.11 brings with it enhancements to the core, script
>     handling, and many important modules.
>
>     The OpenSIPS core has received a new memory allocator to increase
>     performance. It's tunable and provides fine-grained locking!
>
>     We've also heard your requests on improving scripting capabilities.
>     Say hello to the SCRIPT_HELPER module and to the “for-each”
>     statement! The learning curve will not be so steep again!
>
>     We've also introduced 4 new modules in this release...
>
>     - B2B_SCA module providing new shared call appearance features
>     - CALL_CENTER module that introduces call queue features
>     - MI_JSON module to encode data in JSON format over HTTP for the MI
>     Interface commands
>     - SCRIPT_HELPER module to simplify the script/configuration for
>     beginners
>
>     In all, too many features to list. However you can view them all by
>     visiting the version page at:
>     http://www.opensips.org/About/__Version-1-11-0
>     <http://www.opensips.org/About/Version-1-11-0>
>
>     Again, we are excited about all the new changes version 1.11
>     delivers. We continue to appreciate all the feedback and help from
>     the community.
>
>     We still have many things to be done to get to the stable release
>     (in ~1 month), like improving the documentation, keep working on
>     fixing bugs, excessive testing and others.
>
>     We're always listening to your requests, so never be shy in making one!
>

>     Many thanks,
>     The OpenSIPS Project Team
>
>     --
>     Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>     http://www.opensips-solutions.__com <http://www.opensips-solutions.com>

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.11 beta major release is out

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Still the documentation itself (as content) must be finished (by me) -
time was short and I hardly manage to fit into the release schedule with
the coding part.
I will generate proper docs and tutorials for the Call Center module in
the next days (this is why the module was not yet publicly announced)

On 21.03.2014 10:58, Răzvan Crainea wrote:

> [...]
>>     - CALL_CENTER module that introduces call queue features
>>     - MI_JSON module to encode data in JSON format over HTTP for the MI
>>     Interface commands
>>     - SCRIPT_HELPER module to simplify the script/configuration for
>>     beginners
>>
>>     In all, too many features to list. However you can view them all by
>>     visiting the version page at:
>>     http://www.opensips.org/About/__Version-1-11-0
>>     <http://www.opensips.org/About/Version-1-11-0>
>>
>>     Again, we are excited about all the new changes version 1.11
>>     delivers. We continue to appreciate all the feedback and help from
>>     the community.
>>
>>     We still have many things to be done to get to the stable release
>>     (in ~1 month), like improving the documentation, keep working on
>>     fixing bugs, excessive testing and others.
>>
>>     We're always listening to your requests, so never be shy in

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.11 beta major release is out

Ryan Bullock
This is an exciting release! The new memory allocator looks really interesting. Are there any numbers showing how its performance compares to the current?

Great work!

~Ryan Bullock

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dragomir Haralambiev
Hello,

Very exciting about the new memory manager in 1.11!
Is it going to require newer kernels or it will be ok to use on old 2.6 kernels (i.e. CentOS6).

Best regards,
PlayMen

[...]

Liviu Chircu
Hi Dragomir,

It requires the exact support of the classic managers, so nothing will change from the kernel requirements point of view.

Best regards,
Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
On 03/28/2014 01:35 AM, Dragomir Haralambiev wrote:
[...]

Tony Ward
   I'm eager to learn about the new call-center module functionality in openisps. 1.11
   Any idea when  some description of the features will be available?
   Thanks again for all you do with OpenSIPS - it’s a wonderful tool!

 -Tony Ward