[RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

[RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Greetings!

A new cycle is about to be complete: OpenSIPS is tortured all over the
worlds; this produces feedback and reports; and this translates into
more fix, in a better stability of the released OpenSIPS versions.

Shortly, it's time for a new set of minor releases, to officially
incorporate all the fixes in the last months/weeks: OpenSIPS 2.2.7,
2.3.4 and 2.4.1

The new releases are due next week, on Wednesday, May 24th 2018.

If you have any pending GitHub issues/mailing list bug threads
concerning the mentioned branches, this would be a good time to bump them!

Thank you for your contributions to this project!

OpenSIPS Summit 2018

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

Esty, Ryan
Bogdan-Andrei,

I was going to look into this a little more before reporting it but I'm having issues trying to get rtcp-mux-require to be sent down to rtpengine. From what I can tell I need this to work with chrome's webrtc. Since this is crunch time I didn't want a potential bug not being covered. I'm using 2.3.3 and it could be that rtcp-mux-require isn't part of that version. From what I can tell so far if I put in rtcp-mux-require rtpengine kicks it back. When I do a rtcp-mux=require rtpengine doesn't complain but the latter doesn't match the documentation nor do I think works.

Ryan Esty

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Ryan!

I think you are right, rtcp-mux-require might not be accepted by the
current code of rtpengine. Please open an issue on our ticketing system
[1] to keep track of this issue as well.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 05/17/2018 03:27 PM, Esty, Ryan wrote:

> Bogdan-Andrei,
>
> I was going to look into this a little more before reporting it but I'm having issues trying to get rtcp-mux-require to be sent down to rtpengine. From what I can tell I need this to work with chrome's webrtc. Since this is crunch time I didn't want a potential bug not being covered. I'm using 2.3.3 and it could be that rtcp-mux-require isn't part of that version. From what I can tell so far if I put in rtcp-mux-require rtpengine kicks it back. When I do a rtcp-mux=require rtpengine doesn't complain but the latter doesn't match the documentation nor do I think works.
>
> Ryan Esty

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

Esty, Ryan
Răzvan,

This is the in your tracking software https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1364.

Ryan Esty
Senior Software Engineer
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies (Cheshire)
203-718-6268

I think you are right, rtcp-mux-require might not be accepted by the current code of rtpengine. Please open an issue on our ticketing system [1] to keep track of this issue as well.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 05/17/2018 03:27 PM, Esty, Ryan wrote:

> Bogdan-Andrei,
>
> I was going to look into this a little more before reporting it but I'm having issues trying to get rtcp-mux-require to be sent down to rtpengine. From what I can tell I need this to work with chrome's webrtc. Since this is crunch time I didn't want a potential bug not being covered. I'm using 2.3.3 and it could be that rtcp-mux-require isn't part of that version. From what I can tell so far if I put in rtcp-mux-require rtpengine kicks it back. When I do a rtcp-mux=require rtpengine doesn't complain but the latter doesn't match the documentation nor do I think works.
>
> Ryan Esty

Perfect, thanks! You will get updates on the ticket when this is done.

On 05/17/2018 04:10 PM, Esty, Ryan wrote:

> Răzvan,
>
> This is the in your tracking software https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1364.
>
> Ryan Esty
> Senior Software Engineer
> NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies (Cheshire)
> 203-718-6268

Greetings again!

I am glad to announce that our plan was successfully completed : the OpenSIPS minor releases 2.4.1, 2.3.4 and 2.2.7 are now out!

After more time of spinning OpenSIPS in production environments we managed to track down and fix various bugs. You can find a full list of changes here:

* OpenSIPS 2.4.1 ChangeLog: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.4.1/ChangeLog
* OpenSIPS 2.3.4 ChangeLog: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.3.4/ChangeLog
* OpenSIPS 2.2.7 ChangeLog: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.2.7/ChangeLog

All of these were made possible by with the OpenSIPS community's help, for which we would like to thank you very much!

Enjoy riding OpenSIPS!

OpenSIPS Summit 2018
On 05/17/2018 01:39 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
Greetings!

A new cycle is about to be complete: OpenSIPS is tortured all over the worlds; this produces feedback and reports; and this translates into more fix, in a better stability of the released OpenSIPS versions.

Shortly, it's time for a new set of minor releases, to officially incorporate all the fixes in the last months/weeks: OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1

The new releases are due next week, on Wednesday, May 24th 2018.

If you have any pending GitHub issues/mailing list bug threads concerning the mentioned branches, this would be a good time to bump them!

Thank you for your contributions to this project!

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.2.7, 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 minor releases

Maxim Sobolev
Good job, OpenSIPS team!

-Max

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:56 PM, Pasan Meemaduma via Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.
Internet Telephony (VoIP) Experts
Tel (Canada): +1-778-783-0474