[RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

[RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2

We are happy to announce a new set of OpenSIPS minor versions, namely 2.2.4 and 1.11.11 –  a total of 143 commits of fixes.

The commits are mainly addressing minor bugs in different parts of the the code like the TCP layer, network layer, rest_client, transaction module, rtpproxy , sip tracing and accounting – to name a few.

Both releases are ready for production use and even more stable/accurate than before. Since they contain the latest bug fixes, we strongly recommend you to upgrade your current instances.

An important note on the 1.11.11 release  – this is the last on the 1.11 branch. This release marks the end of the life cycle for the 1.11 branch. There will be no more fixes and no more releases on this branch in the future. It will become un-maintained. I have to say 1.11 LTS was a great release for OpenSIPS, but it time to move on and focus on the next generation releases in the 2.x line ! As LTS release, 2.2 version will replace 1.11 .

Thank you all for your reports, fixes, pull requests and all other contributions to this project!

The full ChangeLogs for the newly released versions are:
     http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.2.4/ChangeLog
     http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.11.11/ChangeLog

Get the latest versions from: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/

Enjoy,

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

Jock McKechnie
Thank you very much, Bogdan, and the OpenSIPS crew.

Would it be possible for someone to push the latest 1.11 to your
official apt repository, please? 1.11.10 didn't make it in, so I
wanted to drop a line just in case :)

I'm still running primarily Wheezy, so this EoL is probably my impetus
to update Debian and move to 2.2LTS at the same time... but not today!

Thanks again!

 - JP

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are happy to announce a new set of OpenSIPS minor versions, namely 2.2.4
> and 1.11.11 –  a total of 143 commits of fixes.
>
> The commits are mainly addressing minor bugs in different parts of the the
> code like the TCP layer, network layer, rest_client, transaction module,
> rtpproxy , sip tracing and accounting – to name a few.
>
> Both releases are ready for production use and even more stable/accurate
> than before. Since they contain the latest bug fixes, we strongly recommend
> you to upgrade your current instances.
>
> An important note on the 1.11.11 release  – this is the last on the 1.11
> branch. This release marks the end of the life cycle for the 1.11 branch.
> There will be no more fixes and no more releases on this branch in the
> future. It will become un-maintained. I have to say 1.11 LTS was a great
> release for OpenSIPS, but it time to move on and focus on the next
> generation releases in the 2.x line ! As LTS release, 2.2 version will
> replace 1.11 .
>
> Thank you all for your reports, fixes, pull requests and all other
> contributions to this project!
>
> The full ChangeLogs for the newly released versions are:
>      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.2.4/ChangeLog
>      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.11.11/ChangeLog
>
> Get the latest versions from: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/
>
> Enjoy,
>
> --
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>   OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
>   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

Nick Altmann

Apt and yum repositories make build automatically every night.
So, you will see new version there in next few hours.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are happy to announce a new set of OpenSIPS minor versions, namely 2.2.4
> and 1.11.11 –  a total of 143 commits of fixes.
>
> The commits are mainly addressing minor bugs in different parts of the the
> code like the TCP layer, network layer, rest_client, transaction module,
> rtpproxy , sip tracing and accounting – to name a few.
>
> Both releases are ready for production use and even more stable/accurate
> than before. Since they contain the latest bug fixes, we strongly recommend
> you to upgrade your current instances.
>
> An important note on the 1.11.11 release  – this is the last on the 1.11
> branch. This release marks the end of the life cycle for the 1.11 branch.
> There will be no more fixes and no more releases on this branch in the
> future. It will become un-maintained. I have to say 1.11 LTS was a great
> release for OpenSIPS, but it time to move on and focus on the next
> generation releases in the 2.x line ! As LTS release, 2.2 version will
> replace 1.11 .
>
> Thank you all for your reports, fixes, pull requests and all other
> contributions to this project!
>
> The full ChangeLogs for the newly released versions are:
>      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.2.4/ChangeLog
>      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.11.11/ChangeLog
>
> Get the latest versions from: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/
>
> Enjoy,
>
> --
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>   OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
>   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

Jock McKechnie
Good morning Nick;

Are you... sure? As I said, the 1.11.10 release never made it to the
repo, and 1.11.11 hasn't either - I'd hate to be an impatient schmoe,
but I'm wondering if the two newer releases are set up right to be
built out?

I can see all the other releases (1.11.6 through 1.11.9) were all
rebuilt overnight, so something is accessing the repo, but 10/11 are
not present.

My apologies for bugging you on it, and thanks.

 - Jock

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Nick Altmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apt and yum repositories make build automatically every night.
> So, you will see new version there in next few hours.

>> Thank you very much, Bogdan, and the OpenSIPS crew.
>>
>> Would it be possible for someone to push the latest 1.11 to your
>> official apt repository, please? 1.11.10 didn't make it in, so I
>> wanted to drop a line just in case :)
>>
>> I'm still running primarily Wheezy, so this EoL is probably my impetus
>> to update Debian and move to 2.2LTS at the same time... but not today!
>>
>> Thanks again!
>>
>>  - JP
>>
>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > We are happy to announce a new set of OpenSIPS minor versions, namely
>> > 2.2.4
>> > and 1.11.11 –  a total of 143 commits of fixes.
>> >
>> > The commits are mainly addressing minor bugs in different parts of the
>> > the
>> > code like the TCP layer, network layer, rest_client, transaction module,
>> > rtpproxy , sip tracing and accounting – to name a few.
>> >
>> > Both releases are ready for production use and even more stable/accurate
>> > than before. Since they contain the latest bug fixes, we strongly
>> > recommend
>> > you to upgrade your current instances.
>> >
>> > An important note on the 1.11.11 release  – this is the last on the 1.11
>> > branch. This release marks the end of the life cycle for the 1.11
>> > branch.
>> > There will be no more fixes and no more releases on this branch in the
>> > future. It will become un-maintained. I have to say 1.11 LTS was a great
>> > release for OpenSIPS, but it time to move on and focus on the next
>> > generation releases in the 2.x line ! As LTS release, 2.2 version will
>> > replace 1.11 .
>> >
>> > Thank you all for your reports, fixes, pull requests and all other
>> > contributions to this project!
>> >
>> > The full ChangeLogs for the newly released versions are:
>> >      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.2.4/ChangeLog
>> >      http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.11.11/ChangeLog
>> >
>> > Get the latest versions from: http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/
>> >
>> > Enjoy,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> >   OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>> >   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>> >
>> > OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
>> >   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

Re: [RELEASE] OpenSIPS minor releases: 2.2.4 and 1.11.11

Nick Altmann-3
Hello Jock,

you're right. I found bug on server why latest 1.11 releases didn't build.
Now it's fixed. Latest 1.11 opensips release will appear on yum/apt in an hour.

Thank you.