[RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi all,

According the the release policy
(http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call
for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the
roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in
1.10 release (next major release).

The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and
pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items
from my side .


I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to
get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to
improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.

So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).

Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting
(probably in 2 weeks or so).

Best regards,

--
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Brett Nemeroff
I'd like to see some more events added to modules. Specifically I'd
really like events on dialog callbacks.

Having more integration with NOSQL back ends for data stores would
also be great. I'm pretty sure that's already in the works tho.

Thanks for all your contributions!!

-Brett


-Brett

On Feb 9, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>
> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>
>
> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>
> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>
> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Brett,

All these are on the list already - Vlad is already working on a
db2cachedb module which will automatically enable nosql support for all
modules that already support sql.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


On 02/09/2013 08:49 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> I'd like to see some more events added to modules. Specifically I'd
> really like events on dialog callbacks.
>
> Having more integration with NOSQL back ends for data stores would
> also be great. I'm pretty sure that's already in the works tho.
>
> Thanks for all your contributions!!
>
> -Brett
>
>
> -Brett
>
> On Feb 9, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>>
>> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>>
>>
>> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>>
>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>
>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> --
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Daniel Goepp-2
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
I would love to see enhancements or a new version of the DB_HTTP module to move to a more robust / known structure based module to allow requests to a RESTful interface with JSON data.  That is to say, a way to query a system, and return data that would load straight into variables to be used in OpenSIPS logic.  Not really a DB interface, but is access to query external systems to get data.

In the same vein, it would be great if the mi_xmlrpc was updated to mi_restful, and provide a true REST / JSON interface to OpenSIPS for remote / centralized management of OpenSIPS systems.

I would be happy to contribute more specific structure / interface specifications if required.

Thanks.


-dg


On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).

The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .


I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.

So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).

Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).

Best regards,

--
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Dragomir Haralambiev
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello ,

I'm reading every message from this mailling list.
I see that there are many questions about rtpproxy and mediaproxy.
I would like to recommend more detailed documentation with more
examples about NAT support  in the new version.

Best regards,
PlayMen

2013/2/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> According the the release policy
> (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for
> a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap
> for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release
> (next major release).
>
> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and
> pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from
> my side .
>
>
> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get
> from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve,
> supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>
> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>
> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting
> (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

shaheryarkh
I would second Daniel Geopp for db_http improvements, its much needed. Many people ask me from time to time to have an out of band call manager to control call processing in opensips and i think db_http or some new module with suggested functionality would really be a huge feature.

Thank you.


On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Dragomir Haralambiev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello ,

I'm reading every message from this mailling list.
I see that there are many questions about rtpproxy and mediaproxy.
I would like to recommend more detailed documentation with more
examples about NAT support  in the new version.

Best regards,
PlayMen

2013/2/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> According the the release policy
> (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for
> a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap
> for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release
> (next major release).
>
> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and
> pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from
> my side .
>
>
> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get
> from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve,
> supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>
> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>
> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting
> (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users



--
Muhammad Shahzad
-----------------------------------
CISCO Rich Media Communication Specialist (CRMCS)
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cell: +49 176 99 83 10 85
MSN: [hidden email]
Email: [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Michael Renzmann
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Bogdan.

1. Though nothing that necessarily is bound to a new release: documentation improvements would be a big deal. Just the very first example that comes to mind here is an explanation of the meaning of the various flags in avpops module.

2. Not an entirely new feature, but still: for avp_load(), allow to specify an optional prefix that is prepended to all AVPs created by avp_load, as you recently suggested. That is: prefix "callee_" would a usr_preference "channels_inbound" to end up in $avp(callee_channels_inbound).

3. Related to 2: for avp_load(), allow to specify an optional (regex or glob) filter to control which of the loaded values are made available as AVP. This is probably a very special thing and has limited use-cases, but still...

Bye, Mike

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

According the the release policy
(http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call
for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the
roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in
1.10 release (next major release).

The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and
pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items
from my side .


I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to
get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to
improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.

So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).

Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting
(probably in 2 weeks or so).

Best regards,

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Brett Nemeroff
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Very excited about those!

Would floating point math and floating point comparisons be possible?

Also I know it's probably application specific but I feel like there
is a whole lot of use for sorting functions.

Thanks again,
Brett

-Brett

On Feb 9, 2013, at 1:49 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> All these are on the list already - Vlad is already working on a db2cachedb module which will automatically enable nosql support for all modules that already support sql.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
>
> On 02/09/2013 08:49 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> I'd like to see some more events added to modules. Specifically I'd
>> really like events on dialog callbacks.
>>
>> Having more integration with NOSQL back ends for data stores would
>> also be great. I'm pretty sure that's already in the works tho.
>>
>> Thanks for all your contributions!!
>>
>> -Brett
>>
>>
>> -Brett
>>
>> On Feb 9, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>>>
>>> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>>>
>>>
>>> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>>>
>>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>>
>>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>> _______________________________________________
>> Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Bogdan and team,

On Feb 9, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>
> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>
>
> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>
> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>
> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>

You asked for it :-)

Here are 3 big items I think we should have in OpenSIPS:

1. Non-blocking TCP operations (this is already on the list)
2. "Outbound" support (RFC5626) - supporting this may affect the design of point 1.
3. WebSocket transport

As for bug fixes, there are a few that come to mind:

1. Proper routing of in-dialog messages when GRUU is used. (the dialog should remember the path and loose_route should route the message to the right place even if an AoR is found in the contact, which happens when GRUU is used. This is a problem if a user re-registers while on a call and she chooses a different inbound proxy, as the in-dialog requests would now follow a different path).
2. PUA module should refresh outgoing subscriptions until told otherwise
3. presence_xml should validate incoming PIDF documents (validate them against the schema, that is). Right now it doesn't, and if a client sends a broken document then the aggregated PIDF document will also be broken. Those broken docs should not be stored.

I can elaborate on any of the points in case there are any doubts :-)


Thanks for letting us fill-up your TODO list ;-)

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Brett Nemeroff
Hi Brett,

At some point we had on TODO list a function to do math ops with floats
(stored as strings), but we have not felt a real demand for that - we
can add it on the todo list.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


On 02/10/2013 03:31 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> Very excited about those!
>
> Would floating point math and floating point comparisons be possible?
>
> Also I know it's probably application specific but I feel like there
> is a whole lot of use for sorting functions.
>
> Thanks again,
> Brett
>
> -Brett
>
> On Feb 9, 2013, at 1:49 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Brett,
>>
>> All these are on the list already - Vlad is already working on a db2cachedb module which will automatically enable nosql support for all modules that already support sql.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>
>>
>> On 02/09/2013 08:49 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>>> I'd like to see some more events added to modules. Specifically I'd
>>> really like events on dialog callbacks.
>>>
>>> Having more integration with NOSQL back ends for data stores would
>>> also be great. I'm pretty sure that's already in the works tho.
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your contributions!!
>>>
>>> -Brett
>>>
>>>
>>> -Brett
>>>
>>> On Feb 9, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu<[hidden email]>   wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>>>>
>>>> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>>>>
>>>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>>>
>>>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
>>>> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Users mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
In reply to this post by Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

On Feb 11, 2013, at 12:38 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> Hi Bogdan and team,
>
> On Feb 9, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>>
>> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>>
>>
>> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>>
>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>
>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>
>
> You asked for it :-)
>
> Here are 3 big items I think we should have in OpenSIPS:
>
> 1. Non-blocking TCP operations (this is already on the list)
> 2. "Outbound" support (RFC5626) - supporting this may affect the design of point 1.
> 3. WebSocket transport
>
> As for bug fixes, there are a few that come to mind:
>
> 1. Proper routing of in-dialog messages when GRUU is used. (the dialog should remember the path and loose_route should route the message to the right place even if an AoR is found in the contact, which happens when GRUU is used. This is a problem if a user re-registers while on a call and she chooses a different inbound proxy, as the in-dialog requests would now follow a different path).
> 2. PUA module should refresh outgoing subscriptions until told otherwise
> 3. presence_xml should validate incoming PIDF documents (validate them against the schema, that is). Right now it doesn't, and if a client sends a broken document then the aggregated PIDF document will also be broken. Those broken docs should not be stored.
>
> I can elaborate on any of the points in case there are any doubts :-)
>

Oh, since I'm here, let me add one more thing:

- Get rid of the lumps or add a way to apply all pending lumps to a message manually. This would fix a number of issues that can now happen, like using engage_mediaproxy and removing the SDP of a 183 response.


Regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Brett Nemeroff
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Bogdan,
I haven't really pushed floating point capability much because I've depended on external systems like mysql to do that math. However, with the popularity of NoSQL systems, I think this may become more important. It is to me at least :) 

Thanks for considering it :) 
-Brett




On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brett,

At some point we had on TODO list a function to do math ops with floats (stored as strings), but we have not felt a real demand for that - we can add it on the todo list.


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
He, he, it seems the for the same problems we got to the same solutions. For some prepaid scenarios, we also needed to do floating operation and we ended up pushing them at DB level - but I still agree that a nice solutions will be to be able to do such ops from script level - as you pointed out you can not (1) relay all the time on DB and (2) put a noSQL DB to do such job.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/11/2013 06:31 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Bogdan,
I haven't really pushed floating point capability much because I've depended on external systems like mysql to do that math. However, with the popularity of NoSQL systems, I think this may become more important. It is to me at least :) 

Thanks for considering it :) 
-Brett




On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brett,

At some point we had on TODO list a function to do math ops with floats (stored as strings), but we have not felt a real demand for that - we can add it on the todo list.


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Daniel Goepp-2
Hi Daniel,

Indeed, the ability to place REST query would be a useful feature when come to interacting with other parties - I will add it on the TODO list.

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/09/2013 10:41 PM, Daniel Goepp wrote:
I would love to see enhancements or a new version of the DB_HTTP module to move to a more robust / known structure based module to allow requests to a RESTful interface with JSON data.  That is to say, a way to query a system, and return data that would load straight into variables to be used in OpenSIPS logic.  Not really a DB interface, but is access to query external systems to get data.

In the same vein, it would be great if the mi_xmlrpc was updated to mi_restful, and provide a true REST / JSON interface to OpenSIPS for remote / centralized management of OpenSIPS systems.

I would be happy to contribute more specific structure / interface specifications if required.

Thanks.


-dg


On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).

The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .


I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.

So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).

Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).

Best regards,

--
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Michael Renzmann
Hi Michael,

On 02/10/2013 10:42 AM, Michael Renzmann wrote:
Hi Bogdan.

1. Though nothing that necessarily is bound to a new release: documentation improvements would be a big deal. Just the very first example that comes to mind here is an explanation of the meaning of the various flags in avpops module.
Agree - some docs (especially avpops) should be updated. Also we have on the pipe some more tutotials on how to do things like DR, NAT, etc.


2. Not an entirely new feature, but still: for avp_load(), allow to specify an optional prefix that is prepended to all AVPs created by avp_load, as you recently suggested. That is: prefix "callee_" would a usr_preference "channels_inbound" to end up in $avp(callee_channels_inbound).
This is on the list !

3. Related to 2: for avp_load(), allow to specify an optional (regex or glob) filter to control which of the loaded values are made available as AVP. This is probably a very special thing and has limited use-cases, but still...
Well, as the filtering will be done by apvops module (and not by the DB driver), filtering may not bring too much value (as you already loaded the data) - you could simply load all and ignore whatever you do not need. :) .

Anyhow, I will add this as low prio.

Regards,
Bogdan


Bye, Mike

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu [hidden email] wrote:
Hi all,

According the the release policy 
(http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call 
for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the 
roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 
1.10 release (next major release).

The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and 
pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items 
from my side .


I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to 
get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to 
improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.

So, please do not be shy and make
your points here ;).

Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting 
(probably in 2 weeks or so).

Best regards,

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi Saul,

On 02/11/2013 01:38 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>
>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>
> You asked for it :-)
>
> Here are 3 big items I think we should have in OpenSIPS:
>
> 1. Non-blocking TCP operations (this is already on the list)
Indeed, this is already on the list, with fixes, improvements, etc
> 2. "Outbound" support (RFC5626) - supporting this may affect the design of point 1.
I have this RFC on my list to read and see exactly what needs to be done
to fully support it - I will add it on the list
> 3. WebSocket transport
We do support the websocket as protocol in SIP, but we do not do
gatewaying ..So you refer to the translation from websocket to SIP ?

> As for bug fixes, there are a few that come to mind:
>
> 1. Proper routing of in-dialog messages when GRUU is used. (the dialog should remember the path and loose_route should route the message to the right place even if an AoR is found in the contact, which happens when GRUU is used. This is a problem if a user re-registers while on a call and she chooses a different inbound proxy, as the in-dialog requests would now follow a different path).
> 2. PUA module should refresh outgoing subscriptions until told otherwise
> 3. presence_xml should validate incoming PIDF documents (validate them against the schema, that is). Right now it doesn't, and if a client sends a broken document then the aggregated PIDF document will also be broken. Those broken docs should not be stored.
For the bugs, it will be really helpful if you would open tickets on SF
tracker, with all the relevant information. It is an easy and
centralized way to keep track of all reports ;)

Best regards,
Bogdan

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi Saul,

On 02/11/2013 05:38 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

>
>>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>>
>>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>>
>>
>> You asked for it :-)
>>
>> Here are 3 big items I think we should have in OpenSIPS:
>>
>> 1. Non-blocking TCP operations (this is already on the list)
>> 2. "Outbound" support (RFC5626) - supporting this may affect the design of point 1.
>> 3. WebSocket transport
>>
>> As for bug fixes, there are a few that come to mind:
>>
>> 1. Proper routing of in-dialog messages when GRUU is used. (the dialog should remember the path and loose_route should route the message to the right place even if an AoR is found in the contact, which happens when GRUU is used. This is a problem if a user re-registers while on a call and she chooses a different inbound proxy, as the in-dialog requests would now follow a different path).
>> 2. PUA module should refresh outgoing subscriptions until told otherwise
>> 3. presence_xml should validate incoming PIDF documents (validate them against the schema, that is). Right now it doesn't, and if a client sends a broken document then the aggregated PIDF document will also be broken. Those broken docs should not be stored.
>>
>> I can elaborate on any of the points in case there are any doubts :-)
>>
>
> Oh, since I'm here, let me add one more thing:
>
> - Get rid of the lumps or add a way to apply all pending lumps to a message manually. This would fix a number of issues that can now happen, like using engage_mediaproxy and removing the SDP of a 183 response.
I have on TODO list some fixup to deal with some cases (like adding a
lump to a section that was removed) - this will solve most of the
problems . We had a talk on that some time ago ;) - and I just added on
the list.

To apply changes in realtime will imply a tremendous work (to change in
all modules), which I'm not so sure it will pay off. A really bad
compromise will be a function to force the changes to be push, but IMHO
this is a terrible hack and it will open Pandora's box for script writers.

Regards,
Bogdan



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASES] Drafting OpenSIPS 1.10.0 TODO list

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the feedback, see my inline comments.


On 02/11/2013 06:32 PM, Bobby Smith wrote:
1) TCP fixes (async/non-blocking) -- I know these are already on the list, but as we move more and more traffic to TCP on older versions, we are seeing reduced performance and odd deadlocks/socket problems from time to time
yes, this is a bit of a painful matter and it will be addressed in the next release.

2) better support of RFC 6140 (the gruu fixes that saul mentioned come to mind)
OK, if you also have examples of cases which do not work, please fill in some bug reports on SF tracker - it will help the developers in fixing things.


3) not really related to the release, but representation at SIPNOC this year would be pretty awesome.  A lot of people from the standards bodies meet here (IETF), and seeing some pursuit around sipconnect 1.1/2.0 would be great for the community IMO as most of the people here offering competing choices are vendors selling black box products, however there is asterisk representation and everyone uses SER in one flavor on their networks :).
Indeed, it will be interested and useful, and I would love to do it if we find fonds to support the participation to such an event...as OSS project, there is no much income to help with the participation to various events.

Best regards,
Bogdan


On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Feb 11, 2013, at 12:38 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> Hi Bogdan and team,
>
> On Feb 9, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> According the the release policy (http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development), I would like to call for a brainstorming, ideas, discussion, etc regarding what should be the roadmap for OpenSIPS 1.10 - more or less, what new goodies should be in 1.10 release (next major release).
>>
>> The page is already ready (http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver1100) and pre-populated with the pending items from 1.9 release plus some items from my side .
>>
>>
>> I would like to stat the discussion here, on the mailing list first, to get from all community ideas on what should be done in 1.10 - things to improve, supporting new RFC/drafts, new functionalitites, etc.
>>
>> So, please do not be shy and make your points here ;).
>>
>> Also we plan a second round of discussion / selection via an IRC meeting (probably in 2 weeks or so).
>>
>
> You asked for it :-)
>
> Here are 3 big items I think we should have in OpenSIPS:
>
> 1. Non-blocking TCP operations (this is already on the list)
> 2. "Outbound" support (RFC5626) - supporting this may affect the design of point 1.
> 3. WebSocket transport
>
> As for bug fixes, there are a few that come to mind:
>
> 1. Proper routing of in-dialog messages when GRUU is used. (the dialog should remember the path and loose_route should route the message to the right place even if an AoR is found in the contact, which happens when GRUU is used. This is a problem if a user re-registers while on a call and she chooses a different inbound proxy, as the in-dialog requests would now follow a different path).
> 2. PUA module should refresh outgoing subscriptions until told otherwise
> 3. presence_xml should validate incoming PIDF documents (validate them against the schema, that is). Right now it doesn't, and if a client sends a broken document then the aggregated PIDF document will also be broken. Those broken docs should not be stored.
>
> I can elaborate on any of the points in case there are any doubts :-)
>

Oh, since I'm here, let me add one more thing:

- Get rid of the lumps or add a way to apply all pending lumps to a message manually. This would fix a number of issues that can now happen, like using engage_mediaproxy and removing the SDP of a 183 response.


Regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects




_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel

_______________________________________________ Devel mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users