RFC2833 to INFO

Mark Farmer
Hi everyone

I have an OpenSIPS server with trunks to a provider and to a 3rd party and routing calls between the two. The provider sends DTMF as RFC2833 but the 3rd party requires SIP INFO. Somehow I need to translate from RFC2833 to SIP INFO - is this possible?

Many thanks
Mark.

--
Mark Farmer

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Mark,

You cannot do this with OpenSIPS, mainly as OpenSIPS has no access to RTP in order to "see" the RFC2833 DTMFs.

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 03/18/2019 04:24 PM, Mark Farmer wrote:
Hi everyone

I have an OpenSIPS server with trunks to a provider and to a 3rd party and routing calls between the two. The provider sends DTMF as RFC2833 but the 3rd party requires SIP INFO. Somehow I need to translate from RFC2833 to SIP INFO - is this possible?

Many thanks
Mark.

--
Mark Farmer

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

alain BIEUZENT

Hi Bodgan,

is it planned to be able to do this kind of manipulation via rtpengine?

Thanks

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

SamyGo
That sounds like some custome development for rtpengine/rtpproxy.
During random duration of the call any DTMF can pop uo into rtpengine requiring it to send atleast an interrupt signal of some sort to OpenSIPS to generate an INFO and insert into dialog.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 11:45 AM Alain Bieuzent, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bodgan,

is it planned to be able to do this kind of manipulation via rtpengine?

Thanks

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

Mark Farmer
Thanks Bogdan. I was beginning to fear as much but I do need a solution for this. I will try to explain the problem in more detail.

Our 3rd party is a secure payment gateway and only receives audio following a SIP RE-INVITE. This is to re-route the audio so that DTMF tones can be removed. At this point the DTMF is required to be transmitted to the 3rd party as SIP INFO messages. Once the payment process is complete, there is another SIP RE-INVITE to switch the audio back to it's original path.

What I have is OpenSIPS & RTPProxy combination but this is a PoC platform so I can change things. Is there a method to have an RTP proxy instruct OpenSIPS to generate SIP INFO messages and send them to the 3rd party? It doesn't matter if we end up with both RFC2833 and SIP INFO - the 3rd party will just act on the INFO messages.

TIA
Mark.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 15:37, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mark,

You cannot do this with OpenSIPS, mainly as OpenSIPS has no access to RTP in order to "see" the RFC2833 DTMFs.

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 03/18/2019 04:24 PM, Mark Farmer wrote:
Hi everyone

I have an OpenSIPS server with trunks to a provider and to a 3rd party and routing calls between the two. The provider sends DTMF as RFC2833 but the 3rd party requires SIP INFO. Somehow I need to translate from RFC2833 to SIP INFO - is this possible?

Many thanks
Mark.

--
Mark Farmer

Mark Farmer

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

Mark Farmer
Actually I don't think I need to worry about this, the DTMF in question always arrives from an Asterisk box which supports SIP INFO via dtmfmode=info

Thanks for reading!
Mark.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 16:18, Mark Farmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I mark,

Do you made test with PCIPAL ?

Regards

Re: RFC2833 to INFO

Mark Farmer
Hi Alain

Yes. Sounds like you have experience?

Mark

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 17:37, Alain Bieuzent <[hidden email]> wrote:

I mark,

Do you made test with PCIPAL ?

Regards