RLS-services: subscription expanded to 0 contacts

RLS-services: subscription expanded to 0 contacts

Franz Edler-3
Hello experts,

I have still an issue with my RLS services based presence server.
When the client registers several files are downloaded from XCAP server (see
attached document "Mercuro-XCAP-init-standard.doc") including the
resource-list of user sip:[hidden email] (which includes
"sip:[hidden email]" as an entry).

But when the subscription to the resource-list is following I get the hint:
INFO:rls:resource_subscriptions: Subscription from sip:[hidden email] for
resource list uri sip:[hidden email] expanded to 0 contacts.
No NOTIFY is sent therefore.

I have also attached a debug-log of the presence server starting with the
SUBSCRIBE for the resource-list and ending with the info " expanded to 0
contacts" (see the log-file "RLS-SUBSCRIBE-issue.log").

Maybe anyone has an idea what might be wrong.

Regards
Franz

Presence-RLS-issue.zip (11K) Download Attachment

Re: RLS-services: subscription expanded to 0 contacts

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Franz,

It is very clear what happens. Your rls-services document looks like this:
<rls-services xmlns:rl="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists"
xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:rls-services">
  <service uri="sip:[hidden email];pres-list=Default">

<resource-list>http://xcap.net1.test/xcap-root/resource-lists/users/sip%3aalice%40net1.test/index/~~/resource-lists/list%5b@name=%22Default%22%5d</resource-list>
    <packages>
      <package>presence</package>
    </packages>
  </service>
</rls-services>]

It has a reference to a resouce-list document where the list is actually
defined. Unfortunately opensips does not have support for this. It only
works with the list being defined inside the rls-services document. This
is on the list of improvements and will be included until the next major
release.

regards,
Anca

Franz Edler wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
> I have still an issue with my RLS services based presence server.
> When the client registers several files are downloaded from XCAP server (see
> attached document "Mercuro-XCAP-init-standard.doc") including the
> resource-list of user sip:[hidden email] (which includes
> "sip:[hidden email]" as an entry).
>
> But when the subscription to the resource-list is following I get the hint:
> INFO:rls:resource_subscriptions: Subscription from sip:[hidden email] for
> resource list uri sip:[hidden email] expanded to 0 contacts.
> No NOTIFY is sent therefore.
>
> I have also attached a debug-log of the presence server starting with the
> SUBSCRIBE for the resource-list and ending with the info " expanded to 0
> contacts" (see the log-file "RLS-SUBSCRIBE-issue.log").
>
> Maybe anyone has an idea what might be wrong.
>
> Regards
> Franz

Re: RLS-services: subscription expanded to 0 contacts

Franz Edler-3
Thanks Anca,

> It has a reference to a resouce-list document where the list is actually
> defined. Unfortunately opensips does not have support for this. It only
> works with the list being defined inside the rls-services document. This
> is on the list of improvements and will be included until the next major
> release.

for the diagnostic info.

Do you know any SIP client to test the RLS based presence?

Regards
Franz

Re: RLS-services: subscription expanded to 0 contacts

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Franz,

I have used eyebeam and sipclient.

regards,