RTP timeout and opensip b2bua

Laurent Schweizer

Hello,

I see that rtpproxy has a new option to detect that no RTP packet is send in a call (RTP timeout) and that now opensips implement a B2Bua.

I need to know if   we can link the RTPproxy with this new B2Bua so if no RTP packet is send during a call, the B2Bua will stop the call by sending a BYE request.

Regards

Laurent

Re: RTP timeout and opensip b2bua

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Laurent,

For hanging up a call from the middle (trigger by whatever event), you
do not need something so complex as the b2bua.

You can simply use the dialog support and configure in rtpproxy (on the
media timeout event) to trigger the "dlg_end_dlg" MI command to BYE the
call from the middle.