RTP traffic opensips

Jonathan González
Hi there,

I have been configuring OpenSIPS for a while the last 2 days and I have been able to configure a simple server that register clients against a Database. The problem I am facing is that when the call is established there's no Audio. I can see RTP traffic from one client to the SIP Proxy and from the other client to the SIP Proxy. On the server where opensips is running I can see both RTP traffics but nothing goes from OpenSIPS to the clients.

The configuration I am using is the the one that comes with the installation, changed to support mysql. I have followed this tutorial http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Opensips+Installation,+How+to.

As far as I understand, OpenSIPS should act as SIP proxy so RTP traffic should be between clients.

Any help would be apprecieted.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--
Personal webpage - www.jonbaraq.eu

Re: RTP traffic opensips

Alex Balashov
A SIP proxy does not relay RTP.  The only way RTP should ever hit the
OpenSIPS host is if you're running MediaProxy, RTPProxy, etc. on the
same host.  Otherwise, RTP should flow entirely between the two hosts
and OpenSIPS has absolutely *zero* to do with it.  If it's not working,
NAT is the most likely reason.

Jonathan González wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been configuring OpenSIPS for a while the last 2 days and I have
> been able to configure a simple server that register clients against a
> Database. The problem I am facing is that when the call is established
> there's no Audio. I can see RTP traffic from one client to the SIP Proxy
> and from the other client to the SIP Proxy. On the server where opensips
> is running I can see both RTP traffics but nothing goes from OpenSIPS to
> the clients.
>
> The configuration I am using is the the one that comes with the
> installation, changed to support mysql. I have followed this tutorial
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Opensips+Installation,+How+to.
>
> As far as I understand, OpenSIPS should act as SIP proxy so RTP traffic
> should be between clients.
>
> Any help would be apprecieted.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jonathan
>
> --
> Personal webpage - www.jonbaraq.eu

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems
Web     : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel     : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct  : (+1) (678) 954-0671

Re: RTP traffic opensips

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan González wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been configuring OpenSIPS for a while the last 2 days and I
> have been able to configure a simple server that register clients
> against a Database. The problem I am facing is that when the call is
> established there's no Audio. I can see RTP traffic from one client to
> the SIP Proxy and from the other client to the SIP Proxy. On the
> server where opensips is running I can see both RTP traffics but
> nothing goes from OpenSIPS to the clients.
Strange , as the RTP goes directly between the end points bypassing the
proxy - are by mistake using some functions from nathelper or mediaproxy
to alter the SDP content?

> The configuration I am using is the the one that comes with the
> installation, changed to support mysql. I have followed this tutorial
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Opensips+Installation,+How+to.
hmmmm, I cannot find this page....I was looking to see if I can work a
bit on it ;)

> As far as I understand, OpenSIPS should act as SIP proxy so RTP
> traffic should be between clients.
That is correct.