RTPPROXY

michel freiha
Dear All,
I would like to ask you please if there is a way to use OpenSIPs with a proxy for rtp other than rtpproxy? Mean if i can use a propriatery rtp proxy

Regards

Re: RTPPROXY

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Tuesday 03 November 2009 10:15:31 michel freiha wrote:
> Dear All,
> I would like to ask you please if there is a way to use OpenSIPs with a
> proxy for rtp other than rtpproxy? Mean if i can use a propriatery rtp
> proxy

All you need to use a "propietary" rtp proxy is to develop a module for
OpenSIPs who can "speak" to that rtp proxy.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: RTPPROXY

Olle E. Johansson

3 nov 2009 kl. 12.36 skrev Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana:

> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 10:15:31 michel freiha wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I would like to ask you please if there is a way to use OpenSIPs
>> with a
>> proxy for rtp other than rtpproxy? Mean if i can use a propriatery
>> rtp
>> proxy
>
> All you need to use a "propietary" rtp proxy is to develop a module
> for
> OpenSIPs who can "speak" to that rtp proxy.

Is it clear that the API between OpenSIPS and the rtp-proxy is
unaffected by the GPL?
Any risk that the proprietary RTP proxy will be GPL at runtime?

/O

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 12:19:36 Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 3 nov 2009 kl. 12.36 skrev Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana:
> > On Tuesday 03 November 2009 10:15:31 michel freiha wrote:
> >> Dear All,
> >> I would like to ask you please if there is a way to use OpenSIPs
> >> with a
> >> proxy for rtp other than rtpproxy? Mean if i can use a propriatery
> >> rtp
> >> proxy
> >
> > All you need to use a "propietary" rtp proxy is to develop a module
> > for
> > OpenSIPs who can "speak" to that rtp proxy.
>
> Is it clear that the API between OpenSIPS and the rtp-proxy is
> unaffected by the GPL?
> Any risk that the proprietary RTP proxy will be GPL at runtime?

It shouldn't got GPL at runtime, because if you follow the same way as other
modules ... you have a .c module (GPL) that speak to your rtpproxy over
unix-socket, or TCP/IP socket ... so your rtpproxy doesn't need to be GPL,
your "interface module" MUST be GPL, because it will be compiled against GPL
code.